VAT free day coming up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyshMash

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

Yesterday I went to Sally's to sign up for a trade card and they told me there's a VAT free day this Thursday. Thought I'd share!

I've also made an order on SalonsDirect and received a voucher code for £15 off with my delivery. (Wish I had that before hand but oh well.)
If anyone wants it, let me know. It expires on the 31st though and it's a minimum spend of £100 but it might help someone out?

Anyways, happy Sunday!

Hi Geeks!

Yesterday I went to Sally's to sign up for a trade card and they told me there's a VAT free day this Thursday. Thought I'd share!

I've also made an order on SalonsDirect and received a voucher code for £15 off with my delivery. (Wish I had that before hand but oh well.)
If anyone wants it, let me know. It expires on the 31st though and it's a minimum spend of £100 but it might help someone out?

Anyways, happy Sunday!

Strange, they normally phone the salon to tell us.
Iv asked many times to stop as its too far away (not the only reason) xoxo

It's what the lady in the shop said. Maybe you can phone and double check?

Sallys vat free day was on the 17th think that's the right date lol so I'd expect next one to be same time in feb.

It's what the lady in the shop said. Maybe you can phone and double check?

Oh god no lol they will think I'm interested in buying xoxo

She said they were having another one because a lot of people missed out last time because of the snow.

I had a voicemail today telling me they are having one on Thursday xx

I had a voicemail today telling me they are having one on Thursday xx

is this for all the stores y

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

She never said which so I'm guessing so xx

Yes it's VAT free in Rotherham too so I guess so for all stores x

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek

Yes, I had an email confirming VAT free on Thursday too.

I bought a long haired training head (Sibel Jenni) from them recently for practising some hair ups/bridal styles and they were by far the cheapest with VAT free.

Strangely though, they don't advertise this particular item online and had to order it in for me, but still excellent value. I don't buy much from there usually as Capital and Aston & Fincher are normally much cheaper and hold a larger stock but there is a lovely wee girl in the Bristol store who is incredibly helpful and efficient.

Is Sally's aka as Salon Services? I rang Manchester branch yest and they didn't know anything about it?
Also as you may know I need to open an account again they have lost my details? Even though they issued me with a paper temporary card. Can I use my spray tan certificate and drivers license as evidence? Or do I need to find my NVQ certificate? I'm wanting to purchase my Gelish lamp and few other Gelish related items.
Thanks in advance

As far as I know you need an accredited certificate and proof of address. I used my manicure certificate (not NVQ) and my driving license and that was fine.
You can just use your temporary card though, that's all I've got so far. Or did you mean you lost that one?

As far as other shops go, I don't know if some shops are not participating. I just assumed it was a country wide thing so I thought I'd share the happy news. Don't hold me accountable for the 20%! Lol

Thanks for the reply! I actually went I today they wouldn't accept my tan one (she only received an email yesterday informing her its just nvq certificates or courses you have done with them) so I spoke to my college who confirmed with her I'd passed!
Phew! Can now go and get my Gelish kit vat free. Woohoo! She was really helpful thankfully!x

You can order online for sallys tomorrow too for vat free

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

normally I am in college from 9am - 7pm on Thursdays and miss the VAT free days as I'd be too late by the time I get to my local store. Tomorrow I don't need to be in until 2pm due to an external check being done so I can actually go and take advantage of the promotion! HURRAY! Thanks for the heads up :)

In case you'd like to know, I received an email from SalonsDirect. There's a VAT free ending midnight tomorrow, code: PB13E :)

normally I am in college from 9am - 7pm on Thursdays and miss the VAT free days as I'd be too late by the time I get to my local store. Tomorrow I don't need to be in until 2pm due to an external check being done so I can actually go and take advantage of the promotion! HURRAY! Thanks for the heads up :)

Just thought id say that you can order and pay with your store on phone on vat free day and then collect when suits you. I can at mine anyway. Just for future ref x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh that's awesome! I actually did not know that! Thanks a lot :D

Latest posts

Back