Velcro rollers for perming long hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alyxparkway

Alright, so I have to do a perm this upcoming Wednesday and I was wondering if velcro rollers were alright to use? She has long, asian hair going past her shoulders and wants to achieve a look similar to a digital perm, but without the use of a digital perming machine. The curls would be larger and fuller, and they would be mainly at the bottom half of her hair. I've used the rollers before on damp-ish hair and the look came out very nice; however, would they be too risky to use when doing a perm? Also, how would I follow through with my perm? I would still do it wet, right? These are all noobie questions, I know, but I want to make sure I give her the nice, big curls she wants!

hey..
I think the bigger the roller the quicker the drop will be, its very very resistant too.. ive never permed asian hair before but I dont think id attempt it with the big rollers just incase it dropped straight away, all that hard work
xox

hey..
I think the bigger the roller the quicker the drop will be, its very very resistant too.. ive never permed asian hair before but I dont think id attempt it with the big rollers just incase it dropped straight away, all that hard work
xox

I tried out the velcro rollers last night on one of my other Asian friends, just to see how the curls would turn out with different sizes. And yes, the bigger, the less curl/straight they were.

On another note, the curls came out very pretty and almost just like I wanted them to! :D Still, since they are velcro rollers, would I have to worry about them being frizzy? even if they stay in place the whole time? and after drying?

I wouldn't use Velcro rollers, i would imagine the bristles would agitate the shaft and promote frizziness. though I use normal setting rollers for perming often and they always give a good, smooth result.

Thanks to the both of you! I guess I'll just go with magnetic or typical perm rods haha

hey..
xox
Asian hair is very resistant,.so don't opt for too big rod cause that curl will drop instantly..rather do a alternate, size wind, like I big and 1 slightly smaller in size ...also shampoo hair, partly dry, and spritz with some of the perm lotion before winding

Latest posts

Back