Very Big Thumbs!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsab

Reaction score
I had a client call to make an appointment today - and when I asked her what treatment she wanted - she said a manicure because she couldn't have enhancements as her thumb nails are too big.

Every salon she has been to has been unable to offer her an enhancement service because her thumb nails are too big and they were not able to get a tip to fit them.

I tried a size 1, CND Performance tip on her thumb nail and it was way too small.

My question is: Should I attempt to sculpt her thumb nail leaving out the need to use a tip? Or tell her that I won't be able to offer enhancements either? The client stressed to me that she would love enhancements - so I'd like to be able to offer them to her.

I'm just wondering if the thumbs would look ridiculous with enhancements on? - what would you all do? Have any of you come across a situation like this before?

Thanks.

I have a client with large thumb nails & I have tips from 'Professionals' which fit her thumbs, they are very big - B1 is the tip size.
But I also sculpt her thumb too.

Does it look like a normal thumb nail or is it reallt short & really wide like a toenail? I have had this too and have tipped/sculpted, but kept them short.

Here's the link

Our product list

I would sculpt the thumb and tip the rest - you shouldn't really notice a difference between them all. Or sculpt all of them if you're worried.

x

My mum has enormous thumbs. She was my model on my foundation course and a total nightmare at the time. :irked: I have some extra large tips that I keep in specially for her now and I've also sculpted them. I can't say I enjoy doing them at all and it's a job for me to pick up big enough beads in the one hit as well.

Happily, they certainly look better than when I first started to do them and I've also managed to create a bit of an illusion of 'Slimness' about them. Not much, mind, but they've improved over time. :)

Latest posts

Back