Very short nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyBabesx

Reaction score
Hi guys.. Iv been doing gel nails for a while now but I'm having massive problems with my mums! She's a terrible nail biter. I have tried overlays until they grow a bit but they are lifting at the sides and I have tried glueing tips on and gel on top to help them grow but they just ping of after a couple days and her nails are way too short for sculpts because they are bitter down so far! Not sure what to do? Because she really wants nice nails and I'm running out of ideas.. They just don't seem to stay on for any length of time :( I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but I can't get them to stay on and as soon as they start coming of I'm back to square 1 because she bites them down again! Help!? X

Any suggestions?..

I used to be a terrible biter. I found that all it took to stop me nibbling was having SOMETHING on my nails, as it was enough to make me realise when I'd put them in my mouth (otherwise I'd just do it on autopilot).

I'd stop trying to tip or sculpt, particularly as they are not lasting, and instead tell her that she needs to work with you for a few weeks until she can grow her nails out a bit first . In the meantime, use Shellac or other gel polish on her nails, regardless of how short they are. Encourage her to use lots of oil on her fingers and nails, and I bet you even just having the gel polish on will be enough to get her to stop.

Change the gel polish regularly and take progress photos for her each time, so she can see how they are improving each time.

Hiya don't know if this is much help I do a weekly nail bitters programme with gel polish some of my clients had really short nails to begin with.. I have to use cuticle away on them as their cuticles are usually horrendous! Have you tried gel polish at all? 1st week:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401637667.413348.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401637697.658669.jpg
4th week
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401637724.989364.jpg

Thanks I'll give it a try! x

That's what eventually stopped me from biting-pretty nail polish. X

Latest posts

Back