Very Thin Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflys

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a lady that has been coming to me since September. Her nails are very thin like paper. When she first came to me she had a green colouring on 3 of her nail plates on each hand. I have cleared this up for her and explained to her why it was there and how to provent it.

The nail tech that did her nails before me removed her enhancements every 2 weeks and put a new set on would this make her natural thin as I only remove after 4-6 week or when needed.

The client has been having nail enhancements for most of her live and she is in her 60.

Can someone please advice me on what I can do to get her nails back to normal?ie strength back into them.

Can she still wear enhancements as they are so thin and will it damage her natural nail any further? (as she isn't happy about having them removed completly)

Hi,

I have a lady that has been coming to me since September. Her nails are very thin like paper. When she first came to me she had a green colouring on 3 of her nail plates on each hand. I have cleared this up for her and explained to her why it was there and how to provent it.

The nail tech that did her nails before me removed her enhancements every 2 weeks and put a new set on would this make her natural thin as I only remove after 4-6 week or when needed.
There is no need to remove and apply new sets every 2 weeks, imo , this is what has probably caused her nails to be thin.

The client has been having nail enhancements for most of her live and she is in her 60.

Can someone please advice me on what I can do to get her nails back to normal?ie strength back into them.
If your client doesnt want her enhancements removed and have manicures.
Then i would carry on rebalancing her nails, theres no need to keep removing them all the time .It takes 3-6 mths for the natural nail to grow from cuticle to freeedge, so i would rebalance them for as long as it takes for her natural nail to go back to normal.That is if she can wear enahncements still, as you do need a good foundation to work on ,but thats something only you can decide, once youve looked at the nails.

Can she still wear enhancements as they are so thin and will it damage her natural nail any further? (as she isn't happy about having them removed completly)

Id have a look at them and see what condition theyre in, as having an overlay on them would probably help them grow out but if they are really that thin, then i doubt any acrylic product would last on her nails anyway without lifting, but only you can see what they like.

Haze x

Hi Haze,

She can wear enhancements still but she has not been to me for about 5 week due to family probs. She wanted them removed and started again.

I think that because she was with the previous nail tech for so long she is used to having them removed every 2 week. I have adviced her that she doesn't need this.

I think that it is just getting her to trust what I say and how I work. I have adviced her that I would ask about the thining on her nails so when she comes again I will tell her that she will need a rebalance until I think that the enhancement need to be removed or the natural nail has grown out so I can re-establish the condidtion.

Thanks for your help.

Merry xmas

Latest posts

Back