Vinylux for my client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Hi

I have an elderly client that I visit who has a file and polish. Sometimes her carers are in shortly after me and she may smudge her nails as she has to grab on to a hoist. So I thought Vinylux would be perfect :)

I'm trying to decide on colours...

She loves pinks (not bright pink), lilacs and mauves (nothing too dark). She prefers a little shimmer to creme colours.

Are there any colours you'd recommend? I'd like opaque ones. She doesn't like to be able to still see her nail through them either lol Also is there a shimmer I can use over creme colours to give them a little shimmer?

If you have pics that would be even more amazing ;)

Thanks

Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
It sounds like Vinylux would be perfect for her - 8.5mins and she'll be perfectly dry!

Looking at my colours (I can take a piccie if you like but it'll have to be later on today as I've gotta go out in a min)

Cake pop -flat, very dense, pinky lilac, looks lovely with Grapefruit sparkle over the top
Strawberry smoothie (I call it my old lady pink LOL); pale with a lovely pearlised effect
Grapefruit sparkle; pale pale, more so than SS but with sparkle instead of pearl
Beau - very sheer pink with a lilac/blue sheen
Romantique - flat, very pale pink
Negligee - like beau for sheen but more like Romantique for pinkness
Lavishly loved - more nude than pink, flat and very pale

HTH
Karaxxx

Grapefruit sparkle is lovely over almost any other colour to give a bit o sparkle.
It's very versatile.

It sounds like Vinylux would be perfect for her - 8.5mins and she'll be perfectly dry!

Looking at my colours (I can take a piccie if you like but it'll have to be later on today as I've gotta go out in a min)

Cake pop -flat, very dense, pinky lilac, looks lovely with Grapefruit sparkle over the top
Strawberry smoothie (I call it my old lady pink LOL); pale with a lovely pearlised effect
Grapefruit sparkle; pale pale, more so than SS but with sparkle instead of pearl
Beau - very sheer pink with a lilac/blue sheen
Romantique - flat, very pale pink
Negligee - like beau for sheen but more like Romantique for pinkness
Lavishly loved - more nude than pink, flat and very pale

HTH
Karaxxx

Thanks so much. Will definitely get Cake Pop. I have Grapefruit sparkle actually as I ordered a few colours to do french with ;)

Is strawberry smoothie opaque?

I think Romantique, beau and Negligee may be too pale, she doesn't like them too pale either haha

I also like the look of...
Sultry Sunset
Gotcha
Lilac longing with something over it?

Thanks so much xxx

2 layers of strawberry smoothie make it opaque
The others are a bit pale
Sultry sunset is lovely but quite a strong shimmery pink

Thanks so much. Will definitely get Cake Pop. I have Grapefruit sparkle actually as I ordered a few colours to do french with ;)

Is strawberry smoothie opaque?

I think Romantique, beau and Negligee may be too pale, she doesn't like them too pale either haha

I also like the look of...
Sultry Sunset
Gotcha
Lilac longing with something over it?

Thanks so much xxx

Strawberry smoothie is fairly opaque but because its pearlescent its not a solid block of colour like cake pop. The others you mention are pretty pale so if she not keen then I'd avoid them. Sultry sunset it is a pretty strong colour and quite metallic. I'd call Gotcha a bubble gum colour but its quite light, not Barbie'ish. I've not tried Lilac Longing with Grapefruit Sparkle or Strawberry Smoothie over the top but I'd think they be really pretty and could be just what she's looking for :)

Karaxxx

What about Hot Chillis. I have it in Shellac and find it popular with my older clientele 😀. It is a shimmery raspberry pinky opaque shade.

Strawberry smoothie is fairly opaque but because its pearlescent its not a solid block of colour like cake pop. The others you mention are pretty pale so if she not keen then I'd avoid them. Sultry sunset it is a pretty strong colour and quite metallic. I'd call Gotcha a bubble gum colour but its quite light, not Barbie'ish. I've not tried Lilac Longing with Grapefruit Sparkle or Strawberry Smoothie over the top but I'd think they be really pretty and could be just what she's looking for :)

Karaxxx

Fab thanks so much for your help hun xxx

What about Hot Chillis. I have it in Shellac and find it popular with my older clientele 😀. It is a shimmery raspberry pinky opaque shade.

Oooo I'll take a look :) Thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back