Vinylux Gotcha, very patchy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tried Gotcha on a colour pop and it was really good with just two coats

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394638570.227346.jpg

So far I've only also used negligee and cream puff to do a French. But I've bought 15 colors on top of that so I will be testing a new color every week. I will be redoing my nails on Thurs so if you like I can post a pic and the color and let you know how coverage went?

Yes please my lovely!!! Xx

Well ladies.... I've just done my nails again.

3 coats. Really loaded the brush with polish...about to do top coat. They are looking better. I need to keep practicing.

Would try to attach a pic, but that's far too technical for me! Xx

Are you scrubfreshing first?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Gotcha is the only one that does it for me!
Mint convertible
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394642274.269536.jpg
Blue rapture
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394642368.277517.jpg

No I'm not scrub freshing first boo Lou.

Should I? I squeak nails with acetone first. X

Yes that's what makes it stick to the nail and apply evenly. My ladies get just under two weeks from theirs on their hands.

I haven't tried Gotcha from vinylux but I use pink bikini and overtly onyx quite a bit. I find I need three coats for overtly onyx but pink bikini looks great with two. I am going to buy gotcha and try that out next :) hopefully the problem was the bottle and not the color

Thanks boolou. I've just looked at the sweet squared catalogue, and they say use scrub fresh...P.E.P. ??

Carry out a manicure eg cuticle away and get rid of all loving tissue on the nail plate and rinse, shape the nails then cleanse the nail plate with scrubfresh getting in the lateral folds and the free edge too.

Need anything just message me!

Hello,

Yes I had the same problem with negligee yesterday it was very streaky looking with two coats but my client didn't want it to go too white so I left it at two. Didn't look good though!

I have just changed from china glaze to vinylux it's great as it dries quickly but I have two problems:

- patchy and doesn't completely match the shellac colour
- can't remove it and we are using acetone. Please can you tell me your methods of removal

What grade of acetone are you using?

It's 99.5% high grade acetone

How strange hunni! I use acetone from the Edge and it cuts straight through it, I soak kitchen roll squares hold on for a second and drag off.

Really?

This is very strange we are literally soaking with a nail pad in acetone then dragging it and it will
Not come off we end up buffing it off which is not the point of the varnish!!
Clients also can't get it off...

Oh my no!!! What are you using in your application? If your clients and you can't get it off it can't be the acetone at fault.

I wipe over with acetone or scrub fresh first then two colours and top coat?

Crickey very weird! I have read that people whonleave it on for literals weeks and weeks and weeks have a tough time remiving it, could that be it?

Latest posts

Back