Vinylux Gotcha, very patchy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welshie Lou Lou

Reaction score
I bought this bottle as a one off, so at I could try vinylux and see if I liked it.

Not convinced. Three coats and quite patchy. I tried to paint thin, like my gel polish, and tried to do thick but not happy with either results.

I have read that some people use Brisa Lite. Does this help?

It might just be the shade I bought.

Any tips? Xxx

Same with me! Can never get it perfect even with 3 coats 😡 no tips though sorry! Xx

How long are you leaving between each layer? And are you wiping nail before ?

I've never got on with vinylux. It just doesn't go on nicely for me. Shame but I use Gelish and they have just bought out some matching colours in a polish so I'm happier with those now

With Vinylux you need to load to the brush up enough to cover the nsil as much as poss in one go as it drys so quickly. Also dont brush the nail just lightly float over it. Same with the topcoat load the brush and gently without pulling the colour float it on top. Took me a while to grasp it too x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Gotcha is one of the worst for me.
Needs 4 coats to look decent so I don't use it anymore.
The darks cover nicely though along with the reds. Cake pop has great coverage too but I haven't got many other colours though as I've converted to gelish and now use all that jazz to use alongside it. Xx

Oh no! I just ordered this yesterday :(

Guys it's probably the color and not Vinylux in general. I just got 10 colors and my first dark colour is Masquerade. It went opaque after 2 coats.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394588666.901114.jpg

Have lots of shades, not gotcha though and none of mine go patchy. I think people had it soo easy with shellac, as with Vinylux you have to work faster.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got 30 colours and gotcha is definitely a 3 coat one. Light strokes, not too little but not too much!

i love Vinylux. give the bottle a good roll & float the brush x

I'm going to keep practicing, maybe with a few differespnt shades.

I have a few ladies, who are convinced their nails are bad because of UV gel polish, and they are keen about this range. I also had a girl last weekend who wanted a standard manicure for her 18 th, but needed to remove poilsh a fee days later,because of her work. I used my OPI but the drying time is painful!

I will try a few more times....that's what I can do this afternoon!

Thanks ladies....you are ALWAYS fab with your replies. Xx

Cheeky chic.....what's all that jazz??

Charly....I squeak my nails with polish remover before I start. Is that enough, or should I be using something else?

Mrs Harry WInstone - masquerade looks lush. What other colours look good?

I was going to buy the starter pack, but I'm worried that the colours they include won't be popular.

Xxx

I was going to buy the starter pack, but I'm worried that the colours they include won't be popular.

Tutti Fruitti and Purple Purple look great x

I'm still fairly new to vinylux but I started with the starter pack plus 5 others, I now have 24 colors. The only 3 I find need 3 coats are romantique, gotcha & tutti frutti. I use most of the colors in the starter pack, the only one I have never had a client choose is fedora, but I think come autumn it will get its turn! I've never had it last less than 5 days on a client (and some of my ladies are really bad with aftercare) it is undoubtably the best investment I made last year!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1394635347992.jpg
    1394635347992.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 245

Charly....I squeak my nails with polish remover before I start. Is that enough, or should I be using something else?

Xxx

So far I've only also used negligee and cream puff to do a French. But I've bought 15 colors on top of that so I will be testing a new color every week. I will be redoing my nails on Thurs so if you like I can post a pic and the color and let you know how coverage went?

Xxx

http://www.allthatjazzuk.com/produc...lacquer/nail-lacquer-colours-collection-2.htm

Here's the website. It's a new range of nail polishes. And quite a few have been made to match gelish. Xx

Latest posts

Back