Vinylux over Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satinbaby

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have read through many posts and even gone onto google but have now confused myself !

All i need to know is Vinylux over Brisa lite Sculpting..

Do i apply the Brisa lite then buff then 2 costs of vinylux and vinylux top coat
...So just leave out the Brisa Top Coat?

Is it the same for smoothing Brisa lite?

Thank you in advance

Not 100% sure as not trained with CND but I believe you finish the brisa application totally then vinylux. it's shellac you don't need to top coat the gel. Sure someone else is up late enough to answer officially though!

CND recommends there is no need for Brisa Lite Top Coat if you are applying Vinylux or CND Shellac. Use the Top Coat of the colour system you choose to apply over your Brisa Lite Sculpting or Smoothing Gel.

After applying Sculpting Gel and file finishing with 180 grit wipe with d.sperce (IPA) and go directly to Vinylux Colour, finish with Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Thank u guys ;-) xxxx

Personally when doing Brisa Lite smoothing gel I finish completely with the brisa Lite top coat, then go on to Vinylux, this gives the client the option to leave her nails naked if she chooses to remove her Vinylux, It also add a little more protection if they remove there Vinylux with acetone based remover.

Personally when doing Brisa Lite smoothing gel I finish completely with the brisa Lite top coat, then go on to Vinylux, this gives the client the option to leave her nails naked if she chooses to remove her Vinylux, It also add a little more protection if they remove there Vinylux with acetone based remover.

Exactly what I do - blsg on my nails yesterday and applied Vinylux Hollywood this morning - loving it too!

That's perfectly fine.
The reason it's recommended to omit the Brisa Lite Top Coat is that the Vinylux colour wears better. So if you want the colour to stay perfect for as long as possible without wear don't apply Brisa Lite Top Coat, but if the client is planning to remove the Vinylux colour it makes sense to choose to apply it.

That's perfectly fine.
The reason it's recommended to omit the Brisa Lite Top Coat is that the Vinylux colour wears better. So if you want the colour to stay perfect for as long as possible without wear don't apply Brisa Lite Top Coat, but if the client is planning to remove the Vinylux colour it makes sense to choose to apply it.

yes I've found myself in this quandary as you don't always know if the client will definitely change there polish, quite a few have been buying the Vinylux so there's a few that are changing the colour more often at the moment just to try them out :D.

I tell them if they don't happen to change the colour after the first week to apply another top coat in between, this usually keeps it going into there second week. Love Vinylux its just so hard wearing.

Edit : actually just a quick question, if I was to omit the brisa top coat over smoothing gel would I remove the inhibition layer before Vinylux application? I have been doing this but not sure what CND recommends :)

Last edited:
Edit : actually just a quick question, if I was to omit the brisa top coat over smoothing gel would I remove the inhibition layer before Vinylux application? I have been doing this but not sure what CND recommends :)

Yes for Vinylux, but not if it were CND Shellac you were applying.

Ahhhh ok so it doesnt really matter then ! I was worried it wouldn't dry as quick or adhere to the nail if it was on top of the Brisa lite topcoat but this obv isn't the case ?
Does everyone find it dries as quick over the topcoat?

Sounds like its best if they want to remove it after a week to have the topcat under there or if they are leaving it until they are next in then no top coat ;-)

THanks guys xxx

Latest posts

Back