Vinylux question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHeartLashes

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently doing a level 3 at college and we are just finishing up the manicure unit. We'll be doing a few salon style sessions with clients who book in at the college.

The college use orly polishes and we can of course bring in our own to use our own too.

As these people could potentially be new clients, I want to use the best products available so they come back / book in with me once i qualify. From what I've read Vinylux seems to be a great choice so would like to invest in a few bottles.

My question is... I know it does not require a base coat but as we are taught to use one, we have to incorporate this as part of the process. (We have to suggest a complimentary treatment base coat dependant on the clients nail condition). Is there anything I can use with vinylux as a base or should I just knock this idea on the head and use a regular polish?

Thanks in advance.

I'm no expert, but I use Vinylux and I believe it has an almost 'built in' base, so you don't use one with it. I think if you were to mix systems, you will probably find that it won't perform as it should. That's such a shame though as it's an amazing product (and I'm a Harmony girl lol). Hope you can work it out :)

I agree with twinners it could cause problems later on - I've tried experimenting on myself and sandwiching opi in the middle of a light colour and topcoat - it lasted a day haha!

Could you get a really light colour like beau or negligee and just write base on the bottom? Lol :D

Vinylux is great and it would be a shame if you can't use it :(

Thanks ladies, ill speak to my tutor and see what she says xx

You can use a base with Vinylux, just keep in mind your adhesion and a degree of performance will be lowered to that of your base coat.

@iheartlashes ... Another part of your level 3 is always making sure you read and follow the manufacturers instructions. Your tutor will be able to assess you using Vinylux in the correct manner considering this ;)

You can use a base with Vinylux, just keep in mind your adhesion and a degree of performance will be lowered to that of your base coat.

As above, CND still have their range of base coats including the award winning Stickey!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Brilliant, thanks :)

Latest posts

Back