Vinylux vs other polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meltot

Reaction score
Hi,

My first time on here! Is there a difference between Vinylux polish and other polishes (say OPI)? I'm just starting out and have decided on a gel brand to go with but not a polish brand yet. Thank you!! :)

Hi,

My first time on here! Is there a difference between Vinylux polish and other polishes (say OPI)? I'm just starting out and have decided on a gel brand to go with but not a polish brand yet. Thank you!! :)

Vinylux dries super quick, and there's no need for base coat.

I love it for polishing as well as stamping.

Thank you! I think I'll go with the Vinylux.

I would go with the varnish brand of the gel you have chosen some people like gel on their fingers normal polish on their toes but still to match x

I opted for shellac and vinylux - LOVE vibylux, takes a bit of getting used to too but covers well and lasts amazingly xx

Thanks MrsBB2013 and Helward87. X

I like OPI plus a quick dry top coat.
Vinylux goes so thick and stringy!

I read a lot of positive review about Caption by young nails. Maybe someone here works with them?

I really didnt like vinylux found it really gloopy!! Im going to try all that jazz next as i use gelish

And the lobster red stained my nails!!

I've read on here of techs taking 15 mins or more just to remove, so have never considered it as that's far too long for me

I didn't get on with vinylux at all. Went on well but some of the colours stained the nails and most of them went gloopy really quickly. I got rid in the end. Got tired of repurchasing colours.
I use all that jazz polishes now and don't have any problems X

Wow, thanks ladies. That really helps. I've heard so many good things about OPI. I was only going to go with Vinylux because I use the Shellac. Might give it a miss as gloppy nail polish is a nightmare. X

Vinylux is horrendous I'm forever throwing half full bottles away they go thick, separate and get lumps in them! The question is do I carry on using them as they match my shellac colours and waste more money or stick collecting opi which are still perfect on my shelf!?

Thanks Tanned! OPI it is. Now to choose my colours!!

I love Vinylux! I was really worried when I took it on because so many people seemed to have problems with it. I love how quick it dries & the wearability also that it matches my shellac. I haven't found that the colors have gone gloopy quickly but I do agree the top coat goes thick after a while but it's so cheap to replace that I don't find that a problem I just always have a back up.
I find wiping the rim after I'm finished really helps to keep them thinner as well.

I love Vinylux! I was really worried when I took it on because so many people seemed to have problems with it. I love how quick it dries & the wearability also that it matches my shellac. I haven't found that the colors have gone gloopy quickly but I do agree the top coat goes thick after a while but it's so cheap to replace that I don't find that a problem I just always have a back up.
I find wiping the rim after I'm finished really helps to keep them thinner as well.

Completely agree it's fantastic! It lasts so well and as you said if the bottles are looked after (as with any other polish) there's no problem. I love their range of colours and clients are always impressed too xx

If someone wants matching they can have gel on fingers and toes. Tbh I don't see many people wanting matching nowadays as it's quite dated.
Use the OPI which you know is going to look great every time.

I love Vinylux too. I've not had to throw any bottles away because they've gone gloopy. Removal used to take longer than other polishes but once I swapped to the thicker, plastic backed pads it comes off just as quickly as anything else. It retails well too.

Latest posts

Back