Vinylux vs Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibi Lashes

Reaction score
Hi

Love the idea of Vinylux but slightly concerned how it will affect the Shellac business?

Is it going to be sold as Shellac, through distributors only but also end up on eBay and Amazon?

I'm thinking my ladies will opt for weekly colour they can do themselves than pay for my service to last two weeks? Or will it mean we have to buy the colours and offer both services? I currently only offer Shellac so this will be a big investment for me I think?

Does anyone else who offers Shellac only have concerns?

How do you see it working?

Intrigued but sligthly concerned myself!!

I'm not concerned at all. They are different products for different types of clients. Not sure on what I will be charging for this service yet but the way I'm looking at it is, it's a 7 day quicker service and yes will be cheaper than shellac. However weigh it up against shellac that's 2 week wear against 7 day vinylux you will not loose money or customers.
Hope you can understand what I mean :)
Vicki x

I have no concerns and am HAPPILY anticipating the EXTRA services with Vinylux! Now we have the option of having Vinylux colors to match Shellac. I see new pedi opportunities!

Also, there is now opportunity to RETAIL Vinylux to your clients!

As far as it being on ebay and Amazon, it already is. So, as frustrating as it may be, we need to concentrate on what WE can do and not what others are doing.

Be the best you can be at what you do and you will be successful! :D

Last edited:
OK thanks ladies.

Nail varnish that clients can paint on themselves has been around a long time, yet I have a lot of clients who come for a finger nail paint because they're so useless at doing it. They usually only buy the colour, not the base/top coats, sit for 10 minutes then put a wash on and ruin them. I see Vinylux as a top nail varnish that they might buy - like opi - or they might not, but you can pretty much guarantee that you can put it on better than they can, and that will keep them coming back - oh and the choice of colours - clients may buy one fave, but won't have lots like I plan to!!!

Latest posts

Back