Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfl

cfl
Reaction score
I have been using CND Shellac for 2 years and Vinylux for a few months. I have been a manicurist with natural nails for your very 12 years and am confident with my Orly brand. I like Shellac and Vinylux but I wondered if anyone has any problems with it. I have to do 3 thin coats with Vinylux which is alright but maybe it's the colour I use which is Pink Bikini. One if my clients noticed that it looks streaky if left with 2. She is OK for ith 3 and topcoat. I use all CND products for prep. Has anyone else this problem?

Appreciate views please

Last edited by a moderator:
On the perfect polishing course they advise that you load your brush and float each coat on.... I was having exactly the same issue but now I only need 3 coats with the very pale colours :) xx

Vinylux doesn't need thin coats like Shellac. Just apply as a normal polish and 2 coats should suffice.

Does anyone find they have to apply 3 coats of Vinylux in certain shades! I used Pink Bikini for my client and it required 3 coats and topcoat. It is very thin and seems a bit streaky. I have used normal polish for years and started using CND Shellac 2 years ago.

On the perfect polishing course they advise that you load your brush and float each coat on.... I was having exactly the same issue but now I only need 3 coats with the very pale colours :) xx
Hello. Thank you for your reply. Will try that.

Vinylux doesn't need thin coats like Shellac. Just apply as a normal polish and 2 coats should suffice.
Thank you. I have mastered Shellac and just have to be practice with Vinylux.

Latest posts

Back