Vitamin D deficiency/nail biter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara-Jane

Reaction score
I have a lady coming in to me, she has a vitamin D deficiency as stated in the topic this was due to pregnancy which effects her nails, and since she now bites
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1466372215.074659.jpg

I want to do the best possible job I can, as she had lovely nails before

I've been researching methods which would be best, I seen using a drier acrylic ball to form the edge, sculpting and tips

My main thought was sculpting and tailoring them to her nail shape as per the young nails tutorial which most of us have seen and then this method but was concerned about product on the skin, although I know it would separate from the skin but I don't feel easy about the contact, and then I don't feel tips would help with the strength we are going to need, maximum nail plate for the product to adhere to which is why I thought forms

She's really upset with her nails and I just want to do my best, I've not had this short and bitten with so much excess skin, what would you do? I did think about regular manicures with a gel polish to help them grow out also, I can just really relate to how she's feeling and want to make her feel better about them xx

I've done sets on nails like this before using the same method and it's fine. Make sure you keep the set very short and explain they may not last as long as she may expect but it's a start and recommend regular appointments and after care

Bump - the more input the better xxx

Latest posts

Back