VTCT course is NOT NVQ at the end... does this matter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aphrodites

Reaction score
I will be working from home, self employed. Does it matter i will not have NVQ at end of the course? It is described as...

VTCT Beauty Therapy Level 2

Have had my interview yet for admission. Why is it important to have NVQ Level 2 or is it not?

Sorry i'm just really confused!

Hi, I have taught both VTCT and NVQ and the courses follow most of the same guidelines which are set down by Habia, the only difference i can see is that people seem to recognise nvq a little more than VTCT.
They are both classed as awarding bodies so you should see no problem with either of the courses.

:)

Wonderful, that's really cleared things up, thank you :green:

Hi, I have taught both VTCT and NVQ and the courses follow most of the same guidelines which are set down by Habia, the only difference i can see is that people seem to recognise nvq a little more than VTCT.
They are both classed as awarding bodies so you should see no problem with either of the courses.

:)

NVQ means national vocational qualification, there are many awarding bodies of an NVQ in beauty therapy. There is VTCT, City and Guilds , to name the larger awarding bodies of NVQs in beauty therapy.

You may find that your VTCT course is either a NVQ or and VRQ. They are usually recognised the same. VRQ means vocationally related qualification.

Latest posts

Back