Wage problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tierra2006

Reaction score
Hi geeks, can anyone help me with a problem!
I took a job in a nursery in november, long story but basically I childminded alongside salon work whilst my little one was still at home and took this job alongside my salon work.
Anyway I sustained an injury in the nursery and told them I couldn't come to work one day, the children were off so it was a case of cleaning and moving equipment which I couldn't do.
The manager had a massive go at me and I decided I was not going to return so I wrote a letter explaining my reasons.
I returned my uniform and only worked there for three weeks.
Basically they have not paid me for my work despite several emails, I have been told the cheque is in the post and I'm still waiting that was 2 weeks ago.
The nursery was not well managed and they did not get me to sign a contract and I was wondering if I can recover the money owed to me?
Its caused me so much stress and I really need the money and don't know what steps I should take.
Would be grateful for any info,
Thanks in advance:eek:

i think its the citazans advice you need!

Hiya, You say you were there only 3 weeks. If the salon you worked for runs a monthly payroll, your wages might not even be calculated yet. I wouldn't worry about not signing a contract either as I don't think you were there long enough to get one.

I don't think you should try to sort this out via email. Phone up the salon and simply, but politely, ask "where are my wages". If you don't like what you hear then do as advised above and seek legal advice:)

Thanks for your advice geeks, I will bite the bullet and ring, if nit Ill try citizens advice, did'nt think of them thanks:)

Latest posts

Back