Wages for yourself - mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki21

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just wondering how you all work out how much wage you take being a mobile therapist. If at all you have a wage?
I am mobile and at present only work every other Saturday and evenings as and when customers request. I also work part time 3 full days a week doing admin and have a little one so don't earn mega bucks at the min but obviously would like to build this up.

Any tips on this would be appreciated 😉

If you're self employed, you keep whatever is left after expenses. This is your wage in effect and what you pay tax on.

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I set myself a wage. I pay myself £250 a week. The rest goes back into my business account. But I work full time and do 12hr days.
I think it really depends on ur business n wot u make.
When u first start out some people don't take any wages for years. If ur already working and can live off what ur making in ur other job. I wouldnt pay myself until i've built up my business a bit more.
If u have an accountant it might b worth making an appointment to speak to them :)

you can pay yourself whatever you want to!:)

....but you may end up owing money to lots of people and not be able to afford stock!

You bring money into the business then you have to pay for stock, advertising, rent, training, phone bills, equipment, fuel, insurance to name a few things.Then what ever you have left you may then have to pay tax on at the end of the tax year.

....then the rest of the money is yours.

So you can pay your self a regular amount - but if you set it to high..you will have to find the money of all of the above things ( esp tax!). If you set it low, you can give you self an extra payout when you paid your tax bill.

Yeh that's what I have been doing, occasionally paying a wage and at end of year after tax etc is all paid up have a nice little bonus after.

Latest posts

Back