Waist trainers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I too would be worried about what it's doing inside the body, surely it can't be good.

It can actually shift your organ position and in same cases cause permanent damage on your organs and break your ribs.

I think there is a difference between modern waist trainers and corsets. Corsets are designed for you to change the bone structure of your body. Waist trainers, and I'm talking about the latex ones that Kim Kardashian etc are using, are designed to correct posture and lose inches via increased sweating in the area and the tension of the waist trainer encouraging you to eat less. There are sports trainers too that you wear whilst working out.
These are not designed to construct your breathing in any way, if they do, you're wearing too small of a size. It is supposed to feel snug but not overly uncomfortable.

I have one of these and wore one on and off before I fell pregnant (pregnant now), and will be wearing it 6 weeks after I've given birth to help my stomach go back into shape.

I never found it uncomfortable whilst wearing it, it didn't constrict my breathing or change my bone shape, nor did it prevent me from getting pregnant.

May I add that corsets have steel/hard boning and waist trainers have soft boning.

I'm not looking at them so i can have a ridiculously small waist, just something to shape up my waist a little bit. I think its like all things, it depends how people are using them and what extreme they are taking it to. I have quite bad posture and my waist dips in on one side more than the other so someone mentioned a waist trainer might help.

Waist training corsets can move organs because they are done up so tight I can make your waist up to 7-10 inches smaller witch is very extreme ( back in Victorian times a lot of the ticker women have their bottom ribs removed so they could get the corsets tighter).

However the waist trainers do not move your organs they should be a bit difficult to clip up at first and feel quite tight but you should still be able to move and breathe if not you have bought a size too small. They also don't change the shape of your bones. They are usually latex or rubber. They work by making you sweat a bit more, help correct posture and provide back support they also teach you how to carry your self (straight back, holding your stomach in slightly). You are encouraged to drink a lot of water. When the waist trainers start to feel loose you tighten them or go down a size. They are perfectly safe however if you have a medical condition that it could affect you are advised to consult a doctor. They also make you eat a little less. You can but sports ones too specifically for the gym. I hope that helps xxx

It can actually shift your organ position and in same cases cause permanent damage on your organs and break your ribs.

Do you think your auntie needs reporting for child abuse?? How come it was only you that she forced a waist trainer onto as you said nobody else in the family has a small waist??? Or maybe it happened in your vivid imagination....

Thought I'd read it all - until now!

China or japan used to bandage babies feet up to stop them growing...hope you didn't have this too Linkies

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well said! My concern is if there is any damage to the reproductive organs?? Surely it would restrict blood flow to this area which all organs need to work properly.....also isn't Kim Kardashian very vocal lately about her struggle to conceive baby number 2? Makes you wonder could her extreme waist training be contributing?

Kim kardashian does not waist train. Shes paid by all these companies to say that she does and is sent free waist trainers to take photos in because they see everyone buying into the trend. Sort of like the hairfinity thing. majority of her fans are feeble minded sheep so all these waist trainer businesses are laughing their way to the bank right now

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Kim kardashian does not waist train. Shes paid by all these companies to say that she does and is sent free waist trainers to take photos in because they see everyone buying into the trend. Sort of like the hairfinity thing. majority of her fans are feeble minded sheep so all these waist trainer businesses are laughing their way to the bank right now

Oh do you know her personally do you ?.....i think she does waist train

All her clothes have corsets too,she wears a lot of balmain clothes that also have leather corsets so not only does she waist train she waist trains in the majority of her chosen outfits!!!

Oh do you know her personally do you ?.....i think she does waist train

Long before they even bought them back her hips were curved in. Have a look at her photos from when she was 17 ;) its a marketing ploy and its hilarious that everyone's falling for it. No need for the sarcastic comment:rolleyes:

I am not falling for it I hate the vain self obsessed women and personally find her figure strange but I still believe she does it...she knows her body shape grabs the public eye and given how fame hungry she is she would certainly take steps to accentuate it even more!!!!! I find it hilarious how naive you are to think she is all natural!!!

Oh her butt is definitely fake. And shes an obvious fan of botox (look at her top lip she can barely smile) But she would need a steel boned corset or rib removal to change the shape of her body like that. Waist trainers are meant to make you sweat more from your core, but its proven that spot reduction is a myth and losing weight from that area is more down to exercise and avoiding carbs. Its better to just exercise and eat good food long term

The point is to change the bone structure.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

NOOOOO!!!!! The point of the waist trainer is to HELP sculpt a better shape & make a more defined waist, not necessarily a smaller one, by means of compression & because it's latex you also sweat WITH THE HELP of the corset!! You cannot and never will be able to change bone structure without going under the knife!!!

NOOOOO!!!!! The point of the waist trainer is to HELP sculpt a better shape & make a more defined waist, not necessarily a smaller one, by means of compression & because it's latex you also sweat WITH THE HELP of the corset!! You cannot and never will be able to change bone structure without going under the knife!!!

Linkles was talking about wearing it as a young teen though when her bones were growing. The construction could affect bone structure if done then as the bones are more malleable.

Also I'm confused on why it would be good to sweat more?

Oh well that's me out then lol I have a latex allergy, but my waist is 24 inches anyway. Although that might be different since I had surgery n not been able to gym. I didn't realise there was a difference between a waist trainer and corset. Interesting discussion though.

When you're wearing these trainers/corsets - where does all your fat go? I'd look bloomin' hilarious!

When you're wearing these trainers/corsets - where does all your fat go? I'd look bloomin' hilarious!

I think it just holds it all in like the shape wear underwear and vests you can buy from everywhere except this retains it's shape so you won't have bulges like you can get with the shape wear xxx

My siblings and I have different dad's. She doesn't see them as her relatives.

Anyway enough about that.

Latest posts

Back