Want to convert from Shellac to Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm looking to covert to gelish how have you found it? Iv not had a good experience with shellac the training was very basic and I could have easily learnt it from online I'm looking for better training and gelish offer a lot more choice colour wise.

Kimmy, I'm so sorry you didn't have a good experience when you did your training for CND Shellac :(
The Centre Edinburgh, where you did your training (formally The Fingertips Centre) is an award winning official distributor partner of Sweet Squared and we pride ourselves on the quality of our education and the good experience of all of our customers. So I'm absolutely gutted to hear you didn't have the positive experience we intend everyone to have!

From reading your posts over the last few days it does sound as if you have made up your mind to discontinue using CND Shellac for your professional nail services... but if you have any doubt in your mind and would like to give it one last try I would love the opportunity to make this happen for you. If you are interested I would love to give you a couple of hours one to one education at The Centre Edinburgh free of charge, at a time that suits you, where we could go through the CND Shellac system and even if you decide it's not for you, at the very least you could be confident you made your discussion with all the most up to date, factual information about the system and brand.

Thank you again for giving me the information about the course you attended by pm, please get in touch if you would like to arrange a one to one session.

Fee x

Kimmy, I'm so sorry you didn't have a good experience when you did your training for CND Shellac :(
The Centre Edinburgh, where you did your training (formally The Fingertips Centre) is an award winning official distributor partner of Sweet Squared and we pride ourselves on the quality of our education and the good experience of all of our customers. So I'm absolutely gutted to hear you didn't have the positive experience we intend everyone to have!

From reading your posts over the last few days it does sound as if you have made up your mind to discontinue using CND Shellac for your professional nail services... but if you have any doubt in your mind and would like to give it one last try I would love the opportunity to make this happen for you. If you are interested I would love to give you a couple of hours one to one education at The Centre Edinburgh free of charge, at a time that suits you, where we could go through the CND Shellac system and even if you decide it's not for you, at the very least you could be confident you made your discussion with all the most up to date, factual information about the system and brand.

Thank you again for giving me the information about the course you attended by pm, please get in touch if you would like to arrange a one to one session.

Fee x

Hi
Thank you Fee that is very much appreciated and I would love to take you up on the offer!

Iv still been adding to my shellac collection and do it as much as possible it's a very popular treatment but I don't feel I can offer it to clients as when I have done it for either myself or family it has always peeled! Obviously I don't want to offer a 14 day manicure which isn't going to last. By no means am I suggesting it's the product I completely feel it's me at fault due to perhaps not having the training which someone else mentioned they had (they took a model)

I really would like to feel more confident with this product and offer it to clients.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow what a fantastic offer from Fee! That's customer service right there!

Surely that message should have been sent via PM? Especially as you have already conversed via PM as stated in the post?

It has been drummed into us by the mods that posts directed at one poster only should be sent via pm.

Unless... well what are the rules, please?

Surely that message should have been sent via PM? Especially as you have already conversed via PM as stated in the post?

It has been drummed into us by the mods that posts directed at one poster only should be sent via pm.

Unless... well what are the rules, please?

I'm more than happy for the post to come down if it's broken the rules. I thought it was relevant to post this response openly to the forum as the thread was about the OP wanting to change from one brand to another in part due to a poor training experience and I am attempting to put that right if I can.
The OP had her bad experience at the academy where I am based and of course I want to make it clear to everyone following the thread that something is being done about it.

It didn't even cross my mind that I could be breaking a rule! Sorry mods, could someone clarify?

Morning All,

The post shall remain as is. To clarify, the OP was considering changing from one brand to another and stated they were unhappy with their training also. A company representative has addressed the issue with the OP via PM and has followed it up on the thread to let people know how they've dealt with the issue- quite refreshing I would say. Similar posts like these have also allowed other companies to do the same in the past, so it's not exclusive.

Whilst I understand your point Che-la regarding rules set out to ensure the smooth running of this site, in this instance the post was relevant to the thread for reasons mentioned above.

The good thing about threads like this, is that it encourages others who feel disappointed with their training to contact the company they trained with, to discuss their grievance- which is a bonus for everyone in the long run as it helps towards maintaining training standards within the industry.

Just a final thought folks, if for any reason you are unhappy with a response, please don't forget that there is a report function which flags a post for the moderation team to review and there's My Forum for you to contact the mods to discuss any issues you may have.

:) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back