Want to give up with nail extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyK

Reaction score
I am struggling... I am rarely getting asked for these so am not getting enough practice but did a set today with a gelish overlay and they weren't good enough. They looked lumpy and you could see the tip. I used nsi secrets removable gel. Am I not applying enough product? I trained locally but not much support after. I have got a really good business going with natural nail enhancements and don't want to mess it up by offering inadequate extensions! But I don't want to give up either .... Disheartened x

I am struggling... I am rarely getting asked for these so am not getting enough practice but did a set today with a gelish overlay and they weren't good enough. They looked lumpy and you could see the tip. I used nsi secrets removable gel. Am I not applying enough product? I trained locally but not much support after. I have got a really good business going with natural nail enhancements and don't want to mess it up by offering inadequate extensions! But I don't want to give up either .... Disheartened x
Don't give up..I was exactly the same! Done a course and left not having a clue what I was doing and got no help! I paid out for a refresher course with Young Nails and it was the best thing I ever did..I then practiced as much as I could on family and done friends at a cheap price! It's all practice so keep going and if you can look at refresher courses if you think it will help you xxx

I found the same after doing my nvq in nails, but then trained with cnd and entity after and found I improved hugely! Try watching u tube videos from young nails, cnd and gelish for inspiration on technique. But would highly recommend a refresher course for the on hands support x

Thanks guys. Reluctant to spend anymore money on training but will look at YouTube and refresh myself. If I can't get it right will remove from my menu though I think. I am such a perfectionist that I can't offer anything less than that. Xx

Yeah watch YouTube but try to watch Greg Salo ect, I made the mistake of watching videos that weren't professionals and I picked up their bad habits! But definitely don't give up if it's something you love to do xxxx

Don't give MummyK it takes practice, heaps of it. One of the best purchasers id ever made in the early days and I still use it heaps to this day is a practice hand. It too am a perfectionist, so I only feel Im as good as my last set of nails. Ive been doing them for just over 6 years and am only just now confident in my work. Just don't give up its a great industry.

I will get my practice hand out and get motivated in new year. I did one nail today as client had a short one and it looked much better so restored a little confidence. Thanks guys xx

Latest posts

Back