Want to learn hair-ups..in Scotland!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.a.m.x

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I would literally love to learn how to do hair ups! Esp wedding hair! Does anyone know of any short courses that run in Scotland?

Got my fingers crossed!

Many thanks,

xx

I've just booked a course through capital hair and beauty - do they cover Scotland?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

ps i have no hair experience, other than being 'quite good at doing peoples hair!!'

:)

Hi there,

I'm in the same position as you! Would love to learn how to do up-dos but have no hairdressing experience. I found this course from Capital Bridal Hair Stage 1 Beginner Course

They do this course in Glasgow Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Shame they don't take ILA vouchers :)

Has anybody done hair courses with Capital? I'm a bit wary of doing a short course when I don't have any hair experience.

Air

Ahhhh that's brilliant! Thanks geeks. Capital have one in Edi and Aberdeen and i live in between so could do either!

I saw this course too but don't know anyone that's done any training through Sally's? Not sure if this course would be adequate enough?

Salon Services Training Prospectus

Does anyone know if Capitals or Sallys training is any good??

xx

I'd say do a full hair course first so you get used to and learn how all hair is different. It's a lot more than just a few clips and you would need to know that it is looking even and flattering at all times.

Sometimes the hair needs to be blow dried before putting it up, others a day dirty etc... Especially for a bridal style is say they would feel more comfortable with a hairdresser rather than a beauty therapist who can do their hair up only xoxo

I'd say do a full hair course first so you get used to and learn how all hair is different. It's a lot more than just a few clips and you would need to know that it is looking even and flattering at all times.

Sometimes the hair needs to be blow dried before putting it up, others a day dirty etc... Especially for a bridal style is say they would feel more comfortable with a hairdresser rather than a beauty therapist who can do their hair up only xoxo

I agree, but i'm not in a position to pay for a full course, although i would love to! I am just finishing my honours year at university and really need to get saving.

I don't know if i would advertise as doing bridal hair, i know i would want someone with a wealth of hairdressing experience if it was me!

But the ability to do hair ups is something i would quite like to have under my belt, even if it is just for friends and family. A couple of clients have asked me if i would do their hair after i have applied their Make-up and i have always said no as i didn't feel in a position to do that!

xx

If you have demand do it. The ones asking must know your not a hairdresser. And friends and family will be grateful for a hair up and makeup in 1 go. I advertise that I can get a nail tech and makeup artist fr brides as although I done a makeup course I'm not confident enough to do it for such a important day. I done my cousins wife for ther Cyprus wedding which was beautiful, but still, I don't feel comfortable charging £50 for it when I'm not 100% confident in my work for an event like that. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back