Wanting a new challenge, advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleyMHair

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been a full time hairdresser in an employed salon for the past 9 yrs of my life. I also did all my training here so started knowing nothing to having one if the busiest clientelles in the salon.
Recently a friend I went to college with opened her own salon. It is a 35min drive from the salon I currently work at.
I want to take up the oppourtunity to work with one of my best mates in her own salon and drop 2 days (for now) from my current employment and rent a chair at her salon.
I don't want to leave my employed salon as I live in the town the salon is based so i walk to work everyday, i have a busy clientelle (which i would not be able to take with me if i were to leave - contract) and most importantly I get on with all my co workers!
I just feel like I need a new challenge and need to bring a bit if passion for the job back to me by branching out!
I am worried about telling my currently employer, how do I tell him/ask him? Will he understand? And more importantly am i making a wise move?
Any advice welcomed! Sorry for the rant

Hi I worked in a large salon for a few years and had a very busy clientele. One of the girls I was friendly with there left to have a baby and opened her own hairdressers and asked me to go with her. It was the worst thing I could of done. I stayed there for years stupidly, but as we was friends and she could trust she left me to look after the place and hardly worked. I worked on my own most days.

Although everyone is different I would really think about the pros and cons of this. Are you willing to loose the job and clientele you've got now if it goes wrong? I know a lot of salons wouldn't allow their stylists to work in two salons xx

Latest posts

Back