Wanting to branch out on my own

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopkica

Reaction score
Hey Geeks

Ive been doing Eyelash Extensions, Spray Tans and Gel Polish now for a while and i do this mobile.

I work full time in the city during the day and i have a little four year old so this is just extra money really for me but ive really had enough of working in the city full time and would Love to eventually get my own salon somewhere. Of course this will take a lot of planning reserach/funding etc to do and to make into a reality but i wondered if anyone had recently done this and any advice anyone could give me RE Courses etc would be great, i need to do the whole of beauty i think and broaden my experience.

I know its a long off dream but do-able all the same right?

xx

Hi

Im also thinking of doing the same. I love to work for myself or if not be a partner. I work full time and have just done a nail course as my starting point. My hope is that if it goes well i hope to do waxing and spray tans as well in the near future to give more options and hopefully get more clients.

To start I reasearched other shops in my area to see their prices andctreatments.
I'm buying bits each month I get paid so I don't go broke, but keep all my receipts in case I need them later.
I got free business cards from vista print and have made some flyers myself. I just need to do a leaflet drop now.
I even contacted my Tax office to see about registering as self employed so I don't get caught out.

Im sure you'll get there one day and be working for yourself.
As only just starting myself I am know expert, and I'm sure someone else will be able to offer better advice, but I'd just say keep at it, but most important, Enjoy it. X

Awwwr thank-you! And you too!! I think the key is to stay focused on what you want and work hard.

Yes i have buisness cards and need to do some flyers also in my local town.

Ive been researching courses and because i already have some the others i think i will need to do each one seperately. My next one is waxing i think.

Good luck to you!!! Let me know if you need any tips or advice along the way and likewise the other way round :lol:
xxxx

Latest posts

Back