Wanting to study beauty therapy - tattoo's acceptable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e.louise91

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I would love to get some opinions on this as really needing to know from people within the industry.

So I am to go back to college to study beauty therapy. It has been my dream for so long and now I am finally in a position to do it. I do have some tattoos. Most I can hide except I do have a full sleeve. It is very tasteful as just flowers and butterflies nicely done and I do get compliments all the time on them but i have tattoos nevertheless. I would be happy to cover my arm with a full length sleeve top underneath my tunic but i can't imagine that will be practical at times.

I would love to hear peoples views and advice on the matter. :)

Today I don’t think people are bothered by tattoos anymore. I have a tattoo on my wrist which I proudly show off, I would never deliberately hide it. I can’t imagine most employers or clients would mind.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, i'm thinking that employers are seeing it differently. I have a full sleeve so I didn't know if that would be too much if you get me?

It wouldn’t phase me as an employer. I’ve just had a highly tattooed receptionist. She was an amazing receptionist who had a sleeve and a few others. Didn’t bother anyone and our clientele are very much ladies who lunch x

Aw that's positive news! I'm glad the taboo of tattoos is fading. x

I don't think it would be a problem for most employers. Cruise ships and 5 star hotel spas I think would not allow it but the rest of the world and the UK are probably going to be your oyster! Good luck [emoji847]

I don't think it would be a problem for most employers. Cruise ships and 5 star hotel spas I think would not allow it but the rest of the world and the UK are probably going to be your oyster! Good luck [emoji847]

Oh that's fab. Thank you! I hope so. I've now enrolled onto Level 3 Beauty and mentioned it to her and she said the same so looking good :)

Oh that's fab. Thank you! I hope so. I've now enrolled onto Level 3 Beauty and mentioned it to her and she said the same so looking good :)

Good luck x

I have a lot of tattoos two sleeve and chest that are visible in a beauty tunic, Iv recently been applying for new salons to work in and I had one say I would need to wear a long sleeve top/ cardigan with my tunic at all times even in summer. And I have 12 years experience and lots of qualifications. I'm hoping that not all salons will take the same view as this one but there are still some out there unfortunately.

I have a lot of tattoos two sleeve and chest that are visible in a beauty tunic, Iv recently been applying for new salons to work in and I had one say I would need to wear a long sleeve top/ cardigan with my tunic at all times even in summer. And I have 12 years experience and lots of qualifications. I'm hoping that not all salons will take the same view as this one but there are still some out there unfortunately.

No we’re not all the same. My clientele may have raised an eyebrow at tattoos but it’s soon forgotten when they’re having an amazing treatmbe x

Latest posts

Back