Warm to ash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren89

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a client she currently has Wella 7/7 (which I think looks more of an 8 now) with 3/4 head of fine blonde (bleach) highlights (not done by me).

Her aim is the picture below. My first thought for this appointment was to highlight and tone and then again next time she comes and just gradually build up the highlights but I'm doubting myself now, the length of her roots and the contrast between the ends I think even after a full head highlights she would still feel very rooty (sorry couldn't think of another word haha).

So would I be better off highlighting, flooding with something around a base 8, highlighting and then toning, then highlighting and toning again next time. But then I'm making a harder job for myself and more colour for me to bleach through.

I know highlift wouldn't lift through the midlength and ends.
Or do I just go in and bleach up the ends, bleach the roots and then tone?

Or am I just over complicating a simple job? :rolleyes:

Any advice is very welcome
Thank you x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 204
What is her natural level? If she is a 7/7 all over I don't think it will look too rooty as her ends and roots are brown just a different tone correct?
Maybe if your worried do a 7.1 + 20vol on the roots (assuming she is a 6 level)
And then foil the rest alternating with fine weaves + splices to getaximum coverage

What is her natural level? If she is a 7/7 all over I don't think it will look too rooty as her ends and roots are brown just a different tone correct?
Maybe if your worried do a 7.1 + 20vol on the roots (assuming she is a 6 level)
And then foil the rest alternating with fine weaves + splices to getaximum coverage

Yes she is around a six, she was a 7/7 all over but that has faded to around an 8 and has highlights through as well so there is quite a contrast between the midlengths and ends and the roots.

I would still need to flood that through wouldn't I or she would still be slightly darker at the root? But then I'd be darkening the ends as well?

Thank you for your reply :) x

Why not just do black to back foils in bleach and tone with 9/16 x

Why not just do black to back foils in bleach and tone with 9/16 x

That was my original idea, do you just think I'm over complicating it a bit? I'm just worried about her complaining of roots xx

Yes, if you do plenty of foils back to back foils it will more or less look as a full head. X

Yes, if you do plenty of foils back to back foils it will more or less look as a full head. X

Thank you :) x

Latest posts

Back