Was this Gellux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchid11

Reaction score
Hi

I had a new client in on Saturday for Shellac manicure, she already had some gel polish on from somewhere else and it was a total nightmare to remove. She said she thought it was Gellux and said her therapist normally scrapes it off to remove :eek:

I wrapped them up in shellac remover and kept my fingers crossed, nothing. So then got out my little bottle of acetone for emergencies, nothing! It might as well have been cement put on her nails! I even tried buffing top coat to break the seal.

Is this normal with Gellux?

Could be ASP signature? I have this problem with it, nightmare to get off x

Doesn't sound like Gellux Hun, normally removes quite easily xx

I have had a couple of new clients and this is the reason I don't remove other peoples work! Neither girls knew what brand it was and weren't much help trying to explain how they had it removed b4! Totally nightmare took an hour to remove xx

Sorry meant I have had a couple of new clients that I have had the same problem with!

I always warn people my remover may not remove other brands and charge extra if its not done by me. Just couldn't believe what ever this stuff was it was literally a coloured cement!

I once had a client have a buff off gel applied so terribly it went into her cuticles and her toes nails were ski jump shape. She wanted it off and new ones out on. It was some no name crap some back years therapist applied. It took me hour to remove it was even harder then acrylic to remove! I refuse now f I didn't apply it then I charge for my time! End of story. U must get tough or ppl tend to take advantage of you and expect u to work for free!

Beauty at your finger tips!

I've had similar, if the client says its a gel,I take a layer off first with a file than soak in acetone,but I smother in solar oil at the very end,seems to be a lot of diy back street manicures going on, I was told by a client Boots are selling a gel kit! Ridiculous,my client said the bottles of gel are _£17 a bottle! What the hell is it! Frustrating how we have to train,insure etc but back streets don't! Rant over sorry

Hi

I had a new client in on Saturday for Shellac manicure, she already had some gel polish on from somewhere else and it was a total nightmare to remove. She said she thought it was Gellux and said her therapist normally scrapes it off to remove :eek:

I wrapped them up in shellac remover and kept my fingers crossed, nothing. So then got out my little bottle of acetone for emergencies, nothing! It might as well have been cement put on her nails! I even tried buffing top coat to break the seal.

Is this normal with Gellux?

I had this very same problem with Gellux even soaking in acetone didn't shift it I had to give it a helping hand x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back