Watchya Problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, for those of you who use the 411 treatment kit, the basecoat speaks for itself, so why would you use the different top coats. Why is Speedy different to Super Shiney (apart from drying quicker). Why use Heat Dry in place of Air Dry. Do you know the answer or are you just following the manufacturers guidance.
David

Hi Jaydee,i did the l+p induction only a couple of weeks ago.

I purchased a stickey and a super shiney,because they came highly recomended and i will be using only creative products from now on.

I have no idea,in all honesty,what the difference between the products are.

Would you like to fill us in ?

Thanks

Hi All, for those of you who use the 411 treatment kit, the basecoat speaks for itself, so why would you use the different top coats. Why is Speedy different to Super Shiney (apart from drying quicker). Why use Heat Dry in place of Air Dry. Do you know the answer or are you just following the manufacturers guidance.
David

speedey - gives a semi gloss finish and dries in a flash

super shiney - high gloss finish, extra hard top coat

air dry - protective non yellowing, fast dry topcoat, has uv absorbers to prevent yellowing and guard against fading

heat dry - is an activated top coat to be used with standard desk lamp

speedey - gives a semi gloss finish and dries in a flash

super shiney - high gloss finish, extra hard top coat

air dry - protective non yellowing, fast dry topcoat, has uv absorbers to prevent yellowing and guard against fading

heat dry - is an activated top coat to be used with standard desk lamp

Yep, this is just common sense.......but the 411 is a prescriptive treatment so why would you use the different top coats as opposed to just one ie: Super Shiney. What are the different top coats doing for the prescriptive treatment.
David

David

why dont you tell us :wink2:

Yep, this is just common sense.......but the 411 is a prescriptive treatment so why would you use the different top coats as opposed to just one ie: Super Shiney. What are the different top coats doing for the prescriptive treatment.
David

That's the info i want,are you gonna keep me in suspenders ?

I may be wrong but isn't there a diagnostic chart to help with your selection for the client ?!?

Cos I dont have the answer.....the reason for me asking.
David

That's the info i want,are you gonna keep me in suspenders ?

I may be wrong but isn't there a diagnostic chart to help with your selection for the client ?!?

There is a diagnostic chart to prescribe each individual treatment but I want to know why the different top coats.....lol
David

SuperShiney is scratch resistant...
I'm assuming it would be better for peeps who are harder on their nails???

I have just rung hyperion and spoke to a lovely lady who was very helpfull !

Michell16 was absloutley spot on with her explainations.

It is simply down to clients requirements and preference eg how much time they have to allow the enamel to dry,do they want a glossy finnish etc.

Hth

I forgot to say,more options to customise the service for individual clients !

David
YES it is common sense...the answers u are looking for are in the explanation I have given as to why u would use different ones for different clients..
super shiney - hard top coat, and as sandi says - better for hard wearing clients..

uv top coat - prevents yellowing - do u have a client who is prone to yellowing?? sun beds, and detergents etc can cause yellowing (prob depends on ur products eg ur make of l&p..)

speedey - for someone in a hurry?? or someone who doesnt want the mega shine u get from super shiney...

I have just rung hyperion and spoke to a lovely lady who was very helpfull !

Michell16 was absloutley spot on with her explainations.

It is simply down to clients requirements and preference eg how much time they have to allow the enamel to dry,do they want a glossy finnish etc.

Hth

I forgot to say,more options to customise the service for individual clients !

:wink2: :wink2:

I tend to use Heat Dry on my clients who have children.

After their appointments they usually have to get straight back to dealing with their children, using Heat Dry means they leave the salon with dry nails and therefore have less chance of smudging their polish when back with the kids :)

I also use it on clients who for whatever reason always catch their polish on something before they've even made it to the door of the salon.

The Pro Finish top coats are for professional use only.
Other than that:
Speedy is your fast set, but doest shine as bright as the others.
Air Dry is your next fastest. Slower than Speedy but shinier.
Super Shiney is your mother gloss shine but sets the slowest.

Hope this helps David!!!

Latest posts

Back