Water-based nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogacat

Reaction score
Come on, isn't someone going to pass comment on this?

$18 a bottle!

Sorry Yogacat, didn't see your first post about it (one of the drawbacks of 'new posts' opposed to 'last 24 hours' I think) :rolleyes:

Interesting stuff, had a quick skim through the user instructions and stuff. Seems you should avoid anything with oil in it as it may cause the polish to disolve or deteriorate......bang goes the Solar Oil :(

Sounds like a cool concept for those who are allergic to polish, etc.

Will have another read later

Trin
xx

Seems a good product, but $18 a bottle does seem a little steep. Thats about £9 a pop isn't it?

I was reading the FAQ's and came across this:
"After a long bath, my nails have lost some shine. Why?
After extended periods of exposure to water, the shine will be temporarily dulled but will regain its luster after "drying out". You may notice the nails "sweating" a bit after extended exposure to wtaer. This just the nail polish and nail's way of breathing"

It seems to me like this product is relying in some good old fashion myths to make some sales. And i'm a little concerned about general public buffing their own nails. We've all seen or heard how bad nails techs can injure nails by over filling, think about how much harm people can inflict themselfs this way!

Not my cup of tea to be honest and I wouldn't go reccomending it to anyone...

I have had a good read of the website and it says that after application not to use soaps and that the polish can be washed off 1 minute after application with normal tapwater....
So what is the point...everyone washes their hands at least once a day so if you are continuously applying the polish as it washes off I cannot see many takers!

It does say that after being completely dry is does not come of with wate. But i don't see much benefits over regular nail polish, but i do se huge set backs. So what is the point? Life is enough complicated already. Why should someone mesure a football field with toothpicks?

Latest posts

Back