Wavy hair & diffuser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absie

Reaction score
so i have a client with wavy hair, she uses a coilup products at hom, and so long as she doesnt comb it,she claims she gets good curl allowing it to dry naturally.

So after i have cut it, and obviously combed it a lot, the clients will not aloow me to use straightners on her hair, and doesnt want meto blow it stright, but wants me to diffuce it.
It'ss very long and thick hair, im using some root mouse and coil up products...but im struggling to make it look anything other than a semi surly frizz mess.

SO......

What setting on the hair dryer would You use?
What techniqye....scrunchingonstantly / twist up around finder and place inside defuser and dont touch...?
Other...?

Any products You know and love....?

im just NOT experienced with curly hair blow drying. ALll my curly clients beg for me to blow dry and then straighten!

I'd wet it down again, towel dry add product & twist. Then dry.
Sit her with her head tilted back and diffuse trying not to touch too much.
Or if you have a climazone or hood dryer do that first for 15 minutes then diffuse to finish.

Definitely, don't scrunch it. In fact, try not to touch more than you have to, as that is what will make it go frizzy.

Just lift a section and let it sit gently in the diffuser nozzle on the dryer on a medium/cool heat.

thanks for the advice :)

I'm from the era where we all used to get perms and bleached hair all in one day WOW I hear you all say lol best way to give this client the perfect curl she desires and what I sometimes use n do to curl mine if I'm in the mood and I've done this for years and years I use L'Oréal non stop volume extra firm control mousse apply liberally tip head upside down start from the bottom literally teasing the hair into diffuser and working up the head I sometimes twist the diffuser on the hair onto the head gently make sure if you need to apply more mousse do so and when your up at the top apply same idea I also spray fine mists of strong hairspray gently scrumling the hair as I spray I know a lot won't agree with this method but my hair is straight as a dye and quite fine using this "method" I can get hair as curly or wavy as you like hope this helps even if it's a little unconventional

Latest posts

Back