Wax and heater question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy-pops

Reaction score
I've just started a wax course and I've bought myself a cheap wax heater and some wax to practise on my self. I'm a bit confused on how to heat the wax. I bought a 500ml heater with a metal pot and an additional removable metal pot with a metal bar across it. The wax is tea tree creme wax 425g out of Sally's. Do I empty the wax into the removable metal pot or do I put the plastic tub in there? I'm worried that doing the latter will melt the plastic. Also if I use either method will I be able to use that wax on a separate occasion? I doubt I'll get through it all if it's just me using it for one time. So would I leave the wax in the pot for next time or remove the plastic pot and store for next time?

Sorry for such a long post and I hope I'm making sense!

Thanks in advance!

Hi there, you pour the wax from the plastic container into the metal one & leave in there or fill up as & when you need it x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your reply! So it's ok to heat the wax up and use it,then let it cool and heat it up another time?

I heat the wax in the plastic container in the microwave, which makes it runny and allows it to flow out easier. Dont use it straight away as the temperature could be too hot, leave it to sit in the wax heater for quite a while to get to the right heat. I do this in the early morning before I have clients and then I always test on the inside of my wrist before every client.

I cover my heater with the lid as soon as I've finished so it doenst get contaminated by any thing in the air.

Karaxxx

A lot of therapists like myself prefer to use the scraper bar when waxing so if it was me I would prefer to heat the wax and pour it into the metal bucket. Just pop the lid on your heater when you're finished and it will be fine until the next time you need to use it.
Good luck

Thanks for everyone's replies.

Latest posts

Back