Wax heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessicamilne.xx

Reaction score
hey, this may sound stupid... but first time ever doing this. was recently on a waxing course... how can i get the wax into the heater?? the wax plastic holder is too big to go into my wax heater and im making such a mess.. xx

Microwave it for a bit :)

Get a bowl of hot water, place the pot of wax into it. Wait a a minutes or two. Then tip it into your wax pot. (Just don't fill the bowl up completely with hot water as you don't want to burn yourself if it over flows)

Buy hot wax in beads that pour in and strip wax in tins that go straight in the heater. PR is the best and most practical I've found.

I find it easy to just boil the kettle, pour water about halfway into a (bigger) pyrex measuring jug and then I place the tub of wax in the water (make sure the water level doesn't go higher than the wax pot) and then I leave it for while...can't think how long just watch it. I do it for long enough so that I can squeeze the pot of wax but the wax isn't runny. Then I just take the tub out of the water carefully and tip the wax into my heater, and it falls in in one big blob easily! You can use a spatula to guide it out or scrape out any leftovers if you need to.
I prefer to do it this way than heating up in the microwave because there's last chance of any sticky disasters or the wax getting ruined with the plastic tub but that's just me! :)

Latest posts

Back