Wax...Pot vs Cassette systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpleivy

Reaction score
Following a rather traumatic wax pot accident yesterday (noone hurt!) I'm considering changing to a 'cassette' style system.

How easy are these to use? Are results comparable?

What about eyebrow waxing (this is what I use the wax for mostly)?

Any opinions welcome.

Following a rather traumatic wax pot accident yesterday (noone hurt!) I'm considering changing to a 'cassette' style system.

How easy are these to use? Are results comparable?

What about eyebrow waxing (this is what I use the wax for mostly)?

Any opinions welcome.

I use a cartridge system but only for large expanses like legs and arms etc.

I would never attempt to use the cartridge for eyebrows, this requires precision waxing which for me means the wax pot and an orange stick for under brows and a lengthways half of a spatula for above brows and inbetween brows.

Jacqui xx

I use a cartridge system but only for large expanses like legs and arms etc.

I would never attempt to use the cartridge for eyebrows, this requires precision waxing which for me means the wax pot and an orange stick for under brows and a lengthways half of a spatula for above brows and inbetween brows.

Jacqui xx

Thanks Jacqueline, this is what I need to know. I've never 'met' a cartridge system in 'real life' so couldn't have seen how suitable/unsuitable cartrides would be.

I use orange stick/narrow spatulas (like coffee stirrers) for brows. I find half spatulas a bit rough. As I do mostly brows it may not be worth investing in a cartridge system. Will see how much they are and what is available.

Totally agree with Jacqui on that one, i use a Hive roller cartridge system for larger areas and a pot and spatulas for small areas like eyebrows, even though i got the tiny rollers in my kit i could never imagine using then for eyebrows, i feel much more confident and precise using pot and spatula for them.

I got my system from Ebay, A 6 cartridge Hive Roller System with 12 x 80g cartridges, Pre Wax Spray, Cool Down, Equipment Cleaner Wipes, Fabric Strips, Box Large Heads, Box Small Heads, Box Mini Heads, Protective Sleeves, 12 x Paraffin Spray Cartridges, Pack of 50 Facial Gauze Masks, 100 Polythene Protectors, Pair of Cotton Manicure Mitts, Pair of Cotton Pedicure Booties, Solutions Hand Treatment Cream, Solutions Cleansing Foot Spray.

All brand new still in it's kit bag and box for a bargain of £48!! Would have cost me approximately £250!!

HTH

I use rollers for eyebrows. But the roller head is incredibly thin. When u roll it it's about 3-5 mm wide so u can get it really precise. It's all part of the clean and easy system. It's got different sized chambers for different sized cartridges.

If you have a cartridge which allows you to change heads, you can always dip your spatula into the cartridge, still saves on having any potential accidents with your wax pot and you can still do brows. Hive cartridges have changeable heads. HTH's

Latest posts

Back