Wax room set up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimid

Reaction score
Hi there everyone

I've booked 2 courses with Kim in early June and I want to be ready to roll when I come back but I wonder could you all help me with essentials needed!!

My list so far:
Bed
Trolley
Heaters
Waxes and essentials
Wooden spatulas
Couch roll
Strips
Towels
Chair

I'm presuming I can't get waxes until I do the course but I would love to hear everyone's recommendations for different items. Does anyone use an electric blanket to heat up bed before service??

What do u like to c in a room when u get waxed??? I know there is the set up pages which I am finding great for colours etc but it's more the essential I'm needing at the minute!!! (I can take my time building as I don't plan advertising for a while it will be friends and sisters for a little while!)

Thanks all

Maria

Any suggestions welcome!!! :)

You'll need a good pair of tweezers and some scissors for cutting wax strips and trimming hair. With Kim's training you normally get a manual with all the products she recommends. Xx

You'll need a good pair of tweezers and some scissors for cutting wax strips and trimming hair. With Kim's training you normally get a manual with all the products she recommends. Xx

Thanks meira, yes I have the manual I'm due to get her recommendations but it's more the set up of the room if u know what I mean!! The bed what to dress bed with, disposable knickers etc etc- I'll be seeing Kim's set up in June but would like to have some stuff bought or earmarked before I go so it would be quick enough set up when I get back!!! :)

Hi I use a heated blanket on my bed,not if it's summer mind you,I love it when a clients says (oh is this bed warm) I say yes and they love it & relaxes them too,also a good box of disposable gloves xxx

Hi I use a heated blanket on my bed,not if it's summer mind you,I love it when a clients says (oh is this bed warm) I say yes and they love it & relaxes them too,also a good box of disposable gloves xxx

I've got the same and I love it too when a clients jumps on the bed and feels it's all unexpectedly warm... It's little things like that which cost you hardly anything but makes a client remember your salon over all the others x

Nicola! Xxx

Thanks Kerry and Nicola!! So can I ask u have ur bed, then ur heated blanket it then towels and the couch roll?? So sorry I'm just so new!!!

On the bed I'd lay out either a large bath sheet or two bath towels and then cover them with a long bit of couch roll. Some people put a wax sheet under the couch roll but can look ugly! On top of that I'd put a rolled up towel and then if you're doing bikini or any intimate waxing is always put a pair of disposable underwear on top of the towel so they're ready for the client. A pillow is always nice covered in a towel so they're comfortable as they lie back.

Then I'd put your wax pots on your trolley with a pot of spatulas, a glass with barbicide, tweezers and scissors in them, and your strips. On the second shelf I'd put your pre and after wax too (or on the first shelf - depends on space!) and some cotton pads and a box of gloves just in case you need spares in the treatment. Then just make sure you have a bin with a bin liner in it somewhere nearby.

Think that's everything I can think of right now..! Hope that helps xx

Also I've never tried the electric blanket - sounds lovely!!

Hiya! It should all be in the manual but you won't see towels on the list as I think they're unhygienic and should be changed for every client.

A good buy is a clear plastic bed cover from Majestic (it's not too fitted) and you can put your electric blanket or even towels underneath it if you really want to. That way they won't come into contact with the client or their hair and you can clean it after every client with anti-bac spray.

See you soon(ish). x

I bought a bed cover before training but have never used it as I have the clear plastic one and couch roll. I basically use everything as per Kim. No knickers needed btw! Metal spatula from Thalgo or Ellisons, I actually prefer the Ellisons one because it's a bit smaller and easier to control. Lots of tissues, Jasmine oil, refreshing gel, wax cleaner. I get small and normal spatulas, use small ones for brows.

Hiya! It should all be in the manual but you won't see towels on the list as I think they're unhygienic and should be changed for every client.

A good buy is a clear plastic bed cover from Majestic (it's not too fitted) and you can put your electric blanket or even towels underneath it if you really want to. That way they won't come into contact with the client or their hair and you can clean it after every client with anti-bac spray.

See you soon(ish). x
Thanks for reply Kim!!! ! Yes there is loads in the manual but it was the bigger stuff like beds troll lies lamps/light etc!!!! To say I'm excited about goin to london is an understatement ( coming from ireland!!!) :)

On the bed I'd lay out either a large bath sheet or two bath towels and then cover them with a long bit of couch roll. Some people put a wax sheet under the couch roll but can look ugly! On top of that I'd put a rolled up towel and then if you're doing bikini or any intimate waxing is always put a pair of disposable underwear on top of the towel so they're ready for the client. A pillow is always nice covered in a towel so they're comfortable as they lie back.

Then I'd put your wax pots on your trolley with a pot of spatulas, a glass with barbicide, tweezers and scissors in them, and your strips. On the second shelf I'd put your pre and after wax too (or on the first shelf - depends on space!) and some cotton pads and a box of gloves just in case you need spares in the treatment. Then just make sure you have a bin with a bin liner in it somewhere nearby.

Think that's everything I can think of right now..! Hope that helps xx

Also I've never tried the electric blanket - sounds lovely!!

Thanks for that juleslondon, that's just what I needed re set up!!!! :)

No knickers needed btw!
Just to make it clear that Cloughers is referring to her clients not wearing knickers……..she does wear knickers when waxing:) x

Thanks for reply Kim!!! ! Yes there is loads in the manual but it was the bigger stuff like beds troll lies lamps/light etc!!!! To say I'm excited about goin to london is an understatement ( coming from ireland!!!) :)
That's fab! I'll look forward to meeting you and thanks for making the journey. x

Just to make it clear that Cloughers is referring to her clients not wearing knickers……..she does wear knickers when waxing:) x

She might not now she's schmooooth ;) x

Thanks for that juleslondon, that's just what I needed re set up!!!! :)

No problem! Glad I could help :) And just to make it clear, I would never re-use a towel without a very hot wash first!! Xx

Are you sure Kim???!!

Joking... I never go commando when waxing

Latest posts

Back