Wax training mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslelly2020

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am about to book a course on warm waxing, I'm completely new to all this.
I will be going mobile but been reading a few things on here about best things to use for mobile waxing, and found a lot of people use a roller wax? I will be trained using the pot and spatula method, do I need extra training to use these rollers? Hope this makes sense?

Do I need additional training for roller wax?

Are these the things with the wax cartridges? If so, a girl that works in my salon done this as an extra course while doing her level 2 beauty so I'd say you'd need additional training.

Thanks for your reply, yes that's what I mean, thanks x

I am mobile aswell but I didn't do training with a roller wax. I didn't even know you had training in that as it's so simple. All you need is to learn the technique in how to apply and remove the wax correctly which you will learn on your course.

Roller wax is so much easier and less messy. Also cuts down the time for a full leg wax but that's my opionion lol x

Great thank you I've just read a more in depth description of the course and they give a demonstration of a roller at the end, I'm thinking it would pay to use both roller and pot and spatula, although I have read some reviews saying the roller drags? Not even sure what that means as I've not had my training yet but do you find that? Also what do you find are best wax and heating pots? Sorry for 101 questions I'm just super excited and want to have and do the best I can! X

I am mobile aswell but I didn't do training with a roller wax. I didn't even know you had training in that as it's so simple. All you need is to learn the technique in how to apply and remove the wax correctly which you will learn on your course.

Roller wax is so much easier and less messy. Also cuts down the time for a full leg wax but that's my opionion lol x
Great thank you I've just read a more in depth description of the course and they give a demonstration of a roller at the end, I'm thinking it would pay to use both roller and pot and spatula, although I have read some reviews saying the roller drags? Not even sure what that means as I've not had my training yet but do you find that? Also what do you find are best wax and heating pots? Sorry for 101 questions I'm just super excited and want to have and do the best I can! X

Yeah you should take both because a roller can't be used on all areas i.e lip wax. I find that whenever the roller drags it hasn't heated up enough and can be quite painful for the client especially if their hairs are long. I started off with a babyliss double heater which had 2 wells , so I used one for hot wax and one for strip which was handy. When I first started off I bought a roller from eBay and some cartridges from a company called kitlas who do loads of different scented wax cartridges. Although if you want to use a more known brand I believe just wax do cartridges aswell.

For intimate waxing I use outback organics but will you be training in that as well? I bought my kit for £55 at the beauty show in February which got me the pot, pack of wax, gel cleanser, body oil, strips and spatulas.

Sorry for long post lol, I hope this helps . Good luck on your course x

Yeah you should take both because a roller can't be used on all areas i.e lip wax. I find that whenever the roller drags it hasn't heated up enough and can be quite painful for the client especially if their hairs are long. I started off with a babyliss double heater which had 2 wells , so I used one for hot wax and one for strip which was handy. When I first started off I bought a roller from eBay and some cartridges from a company called kitlas who do loads of different scented wax cartridges. Although if you want to use a more known brand I believe just wax do cartridges aswell.

For intimate waxing I use outback organics but will you be training in that as well? I bought my kit for £55 at the beauty show in February which got me the pot, pack of wax, gel cleanser, body oil, strips and spatulas.

Sorry for long post lol, I hope this helps . Good luck on your course x
Thank you! You've been a great help xx

Latest posts

Back