Waxing advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam-x

Reaction score
Iv been waxing a few years now, and worked in different salons. My last salon I was in the owners were very professional and great therapists they were nearly better learning from than my actual training. One thing I'm still confused about to this day of what is right or maybe wrong?

When applying strip wax on to the skin, you apply it to the direction of the hair growth; correct! But when you place the strip on top of the wax pressed down firmly they told me & made it clear that you are applying the pressure that same one direction with the hair growth; which before I didn't see much difference doing that or applying the pressure differely? Now that I have moved on to another salon & have seen a few people rub and apply the pressure on top of the wax strip to the opposite direction of the hair growth I'm just totally confused?

Is there a right or wrong answer? Iv recently tried both ways say on a leg wax, don't think it makes much of a difference but I do believe it is better & feels more correct applying the wax strip pressure in the same direction???

I don't think it makes any difference how you apply the pressure to stick the strip on.
As you say, The important bit is to apply the wax with the hair growth and rip off in the other while you support the skin.

Wax on with hair growth and press strip the same way.

Latest posts

Back