Waxing and anesthetic cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly Bamboo

Reaction score
I was taught.... anesthetic cream is a contraindication to waxing because if the skin is numb, you can't feel the temperature of the wax.

Is this correct?

Yes - you need to be very aware of the wax temp and the clients heat threshold. The easiest way to test is to apply a small amount to another area of the body, the inside of their wrist for example.

Anaesthetic creams for waxing really don't have that much effect ... believe me I've tried most of them from the high street, on-line, to sex shops. The problem is that they only ever affect the very surface of the skin, they don't and can't penetrate down into the roots. If they did we wouldn't be able to buy them.

I usually tell clients to take an Ibuprofen and to suck it up.

Mat

You can use it on small areas eg the lip, eyebrows . If you know anybody in the medical profession , the name is emula cream, it has too work for 10 mins before its effective. Its not used on large areas as too much can be absorbed into the body ( a nurse told me this !!) You can always test the wax on yourself and you'd know if its too hot . Its a lot of arseing about though , for a quick area!! The high street ones dont work it is easier to take a couple of nurofen!!!!!!:lol:

You can use it on small areas eg the lip, eyebrows . If you know anybody in the medical profession , the name is emula cream, it has too work for 10 mins before its effective. Its not used on large areas as too much can be absorbed into the body ( a nurse told me this !!) You can always test the wax on yourself and you'd know if its too hot . Its a lot of arseing about though , for a quick area!! The high street ones dont work it is easier to take a couple of nurofen!!!!!!:lol:

When i had my rib/side tattoo done i used that cream and it was great, i was told to put it on an hour or 2 beforehand and it was fantastic... now if i didnt feel the needle then im sure you wouldnt feel the hair being pulled out, but it seems quite a lot of hassle for such a short amount of time as i only used it because i was going to be sitting for hours with my tattoo. :eek:
xx

Latest posts

Back