Waxing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tez coley

Reaction score
I have recently qualified to do waxing (legs, bikini, underarm, lip, chin, eyebrows) I have been asked to do a Brazilian... Can I do the Brazilian/Hollywood or would I need to do a separate course first? Just wanted to be sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated xxx

I wouldn't do it without having plenty of experience in standard waxing areas first. Also you need a further qualification in intimate waxing for your insurance to cover you these days.
Hope this helps x

I have been waxing for years and years, and would never do a Brazilian - I would do 'small' coming in at the sides and top, but a Brazilian is a whole different ball game - different wax, technique etc, and there is a debate as to whether or not you would be insured without correct training!

I bit the bullet a few months ago and trained in Brazilains with Kim Lawless and it was fab. I now do quite a few. Before training, if I was asked to do one, I would say "It is a specific training that I haven't done, and you wouldn't want to let me loose down there if I don't know what I'm doing"
This was always accepted.

Vicki x

Thank you for your replies ladies I'll look into further training :D:D
Xxx

I agree with the other girls that you do need a lot of experience and proper training to tackle this. You also would need to check with your insurance provider as to what they are covering you for. Some are more flexible than others but this is, unfortunately, a bit of a grey area with a lot of clients asking you to go a bit further each time they are waxed! :wink2:

You could do but probably best that you didn't………unless you're super confident in your ability.

There is no formal qualification required for Brazilian waxing in the UK, although there is a formal qualification that exists.

However, just to make it more complicated, insurers do ask for your certificate in Brazilian waxing, so check with your insurer.

I would say get good training and you'll never look back.

Last edited:
I've recently trained intimate waxing.. Using both hot and warm wax I'm fine and confident using hot wax for a Hollywood and a Brazilian treatment however at my new salon they only use warm, but I'm worried about removing the hair from the labia using warm wax. Any tips ?? Thanks xx

I've recently trained intimate waxing.. Using both hot and warm wax I'm fine and confident using hot wax for a Hollywood and a Brazilian treatment however at my new salon they only use warm, but I'm worried about removing the hair from the labia using warm wax. Any tips ?? Thanks xx

What is your worry? If it's about hurting the skin on these delicate areas applying a tiny bit of oil with a cotton pad before hand stops the skin from lifting and most of all just make sure you stretch the skin really well :) hope that helped a bit

Thanks! Also just the direction in which to apply the wax and the way to pull off the strip ? The hair on the labia always seems to grow inwards rather than up or down ?? Would you remove in small sections or all at once? X

Thanks! Also just the direction in which to apply the wax and the way to pull off the strip ? The hair on the labia always seems to grow inwards rather than up or down ?? Would you remove in small sections or all at once? X

Ah I think I see what you mean
Just do what you can with the wax and then tweeze what's left over :)

Tez, it's great that you're asking the question rather than just 'having a go!. It's really worth going to get some extra training in intimate waxing as you will be so much more confident in your technique. HTH

Training is needed for that.

Latest posts

Back