Waxing-How busy are you right now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaLa78

Reaction score
Do you tend to find it gets alot quieter at the end of summer? How much custom do you get on average for just waxing?

I ask as I have the chance of starting up in a holistic therapy centre but I wouldn't be able to do my spray tanning. I just wondered if anyone can give me an idea of how much custom you get this time of year. :green:

I started my business in an holistic centre. Waxing and manicure and pedicure. Within 6 months I dropped the nails and pedicures and just waxed. I think it's a nice environment to be in - nice and relaxing for what could be an uncomfortable treatment. Although I didn't get much cross -referral as the centre was going under so the other therapists were quite quiet.

That was 2 years ago and I've moved twice since both times into office buildings - much more anonymous for people coming for their wax. Although summer is totally hectic with the summer holidays my diary is steady throughout the year with my Brazilian clients coming every 4-6 weeks. Now I'm getting the new uni students that have moved to the city who might have waxed before they left home and now they are looking for someone here.

Good luck

Waxing for me is pretty constant the whole year through - with regular clients returning 5-6 weekly, as well as new referrals coming through

I'm mobile, and from match- September, waxing is my most popular treatment by far.

But around now, until march- April time, it dies off, and even my most regular of ladies leave longer between waxing appointments.

I still do regular brows, and the odd intimate wax during my quiet period, but certainly not as many as during spring & summer, and not many legs/underarms at all.

I don't worry too much, as they all start booking every 4 weeks or so, again, once spring hits us. I just push gel polish and massage more during the colder months.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back