Waxing whole brow off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anka8s

Reaction score
Hi, what do you do if a client askes to wax their whole brows off ?

Personally I would refuse. I’d be worried about the risk to my reputation if they weren’t happy and even the risk of litigation. Most people regret over thin eyebrows and I think it would be easy for your client to persuade a solicitor that their eyebrows never grew back properly and they didn’t understand that they might be permanent regrowth issues, or that they were vulnerable and shouldn’t have been accepted as a client.

I would refuse any slightly out there request though because I’m more of a mainstream salon and that’s the business that I go after. Most of my potential clients would be horrified if they read an online review saying “she waxed my whole brow off!!!”

I always say to my clients that I play safe with styling brows and if they want a “highly stylised” look they will need to come for several appointments and we’ll gradually get there over a few visits. I have a young man who likes a very precise look. It was quite a transformation and I was anxious he’d feel self conscious so I refused to do it for him on his first visit. (I didn’t explain my reservations I just said “I can’t stick it back on if you don’t like it”. )

He’s come back, raring to “go for it” and I’m happy that he understands how his request will look. He didn’t mind my initial reticence, I think he appreciated my care and concern that he should be happy with the look.

No chance!

I would refuse too so there would be no chance of them changing their minds and bringing me a lot of worry and stress.
I once had a client obsessed with a really thin line eyebrow which was fairly popular in the 90's and it was hard to get her to consider if she should change her mind later in life there would be very little chance of them ever re growing.
I just did my best and made them not too thin, so she compromised in the end.

Then I have also had a client say to me that since she had her brows micro bladed (hers did look awful in my opinion) could I wax to the micro bladed contour? I said no to her too because the lines were too asymmetrical and would have resulted in bald areas should she stop having MB in the future.
Brow fashion changes.

As a result she does have a huge respect for me and trusts my judgement. I would just like it if she stopped the MB altogether.
Good luck and I hope you trust your judgement and your client finds somewhere else.

Perform a thorough consultation to ensure it’s the right treatment for the client then go ahead if so. We can’t infantilise grown adults because their style isn’t to our taste.

Latest posts

Back