Waxing with Euroblonde and Escential Green Tea

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess1985

Reaction score
I’ve recently ordered PR Euroblonde for intimate waxing …my Hollywood waxing went well (thanks to The Whole Ball of Wax dvd! – used myself and a friend as a guinea pig).

I have a 500cc wax pot heater from beauty express (not hive) and placed all my euroblonde into it. I’m quite unsure what setting is best for the Euroblonde. I tried waxing an upper lip – Cleansed and then used a little grapeseed oil before I applied the wax (waiting to order some PR blue lotion and jasmine oil)

The euroblonde became quite stringy even though it set on the skin well. The lips became slightly soar – red spot appeared at the edge of the lips). This also happened on the same client when I used a warm honey wax. I’ve never had this problem with other clients when doing a face wax.

Is there a better face wax in the PR range for sensitive skin?
Should I purchase a Hive heater instead as I’ve heard better reviews. (would be disappointed though as I’ve only just purchased the current heater)

I’ve also purchased Escential Green Tea Wax but unsure whether I can use this on the face? Is it gentle compared to the Ellisons warm Honey wax?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

With the Hive heaters and PR euroblonde I use mine at:
2.75-3 for analogue
56-58 for digital

It may just take a bit of time to get used to the new wax that you are using.

Euroblonde is the most popular wax in the range, but there are lots of other waxes to choose from including a few that are hypoallergenic ( Pure and Cristaline) and these more suited for those clients with sensitive skin.

If you call Thalgo they may be able you a sample of one of the other waxes to try out.

The discovery days that they run give you the opportunity to try out the whole range so if you check out the FB page they have details of the dates and venues for these on there.

Escential Green Tea is a nice wax from the aromatherapy range you might want to try Cristal Ocean its the most popular strip wax and also hypoallergenic so you may find this more gentle for face waxing.

HTH Jack

Latest posts

Back