Perron Rigot strip wax heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyByBecca

Reaction score
So my order arrived today!

I got the Hive dual heater 500cc and 1000cc and ordered a pack of PR Euroblonde and the Cristal Ocean strip wax.

So here’s my question- how the hell do I get the strip wax into the heater?
Its frozen solid so I can’t decant it. And I can’t place the tin inside the 500cc chamber as it doesn’t fit

Has anyone else had this problem?

Place the tin of crystal ocean in the large section and your hot in to (did you get buckets as well for your heater) then put the 500cc bucket in the small section and half the pack of Euroblonde into the bucket.

Last edited:
Place the tin of crystal ocean in the large section and your hot in to (did you get buckets as well for your heater) then put the 500cc bucket in the small section and half the pack of Euroblonde into the bucket.

The heater came with 2 buckets yes. A 500cc and 1000cc.

I’m still a bit confused though.

So are you saying to stand the crystal ocean into the 1000cc bucket? Or straight into the heater without the bucket?

& if it’s meant to be stood in the bucket do you know if the scraper bar and handle can be removed from the buckets? Because otherwise I couldn’t fit the crystal ocean tin in it? I don’t want to break my bucket by just ripping the scraper bar and handle off lol.

And you’d put the euroblonde into the 500cc bucket?

Sorry for the stupid questions! X

Thinking about it the new tins I are larger than the old ones so no you couldn't stand the tin in the bucket, so you would have to balance the tin of wax with the scraper bar and 1 or 2 wooden spatulas turn the heat up high and melt the wax from the tin and allow it to flow from the tin into the bucket.
Or the way I do it is to drop the tin in to the heater on high for 20 mins and then being very careful, using pliers pour the hot melted wax in to the bucket, lower the heat to your working temp and again balance the tin so the last bit drains into the bucket.
HTH

Thinking about it the new tins I are larger than the old ones so no you couldn't stand the tin in the bucket, so you would have to balance the tin of wax with the scraper bar and 1 or 2 wooden spatulas turn the heat up high and melt the wax from the tin and allow it to flow from the tin into the bucket.
Or the way I do it is to drop the tin in to the heater on high for 20 mins and then being very careful, using pliers pour the hot melted wax in to the bucket, lower the heat to your working temp and again balance the tin so the last bit drains into the bucket.
HTH

Thank you. I decided to try balancing it and that worked fine! Not as messy as I thought it would be. Thanks for your help

Again No problem :)

Latest posts

Back