Ways of fading semi permanant makeup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizzyxoxo

Reaction score
Hi!

I had semi permanant makeup done about a year ago and it hasn't faded much at all.

I am looking to get them re-done as I am not happy with the grey colour that was chosen for my eyerbrows (I am a brunette). However I am being told to let them fade first before getting them re-done.

Does anyone know any ways of helping them to fade quickly?

Thanks! xx

Hi!

I had semi permanant makeup done about a year ago and it hasn't faded much at all.

I am looking to get them re-done as I am not happy with the grey colour that was chosen for my eyerbrows (I am a brunette). However I am being told to let them fade first before getting them re-done.

Does anyone know any ways of helping them to fade quickly?

Thanks! xx

Peels, sun or find a tech that does salt saline removal.
If they are abit grey technicians can use an "un-grey" colour first to counteract the grey.
Xx

Peels, sun or find a tech that does salt saline removal.
If they are abit grey technicians can use an "un-grey" colour first to counteract the grey.
Xx
Hi! Thanks for your reply. Which kind of peels would I need please? Also, I've not heard of an 'un-grey' colour, what does this mean? I was after a medium brown colour

Hi! Thanks for your reply. Which kind of peels would I need please? Also, I've not heard of an 'un-grey' colour, what does this mean? I was after a medium brown colour

An "un grey" colour is a pigment you put into the brow to counter act the grey, it does have to be someone trained in correction because you implant the pigment differently. So that will pull the grey/blue hue out of the brows and then you can go over with a better suited pigment.
X

An "un grey" colour is a pigment you put into the brow to counter act the grey, it does have to be someone trained in correction because you implant the pigment differently. So that will pull the grey/blue hue out of the brows and then you can go over with a better suited pigment.
X
Thanks very much! I have asked some professionals who advised to let them fade more first before they re-do them. It has been a year now though.

If anyone has any methods/tips please let me know!!

Thanks very much! I have asked some professionals who advised to let them fade more first before they re-do them. It has been a year now though.

If anyone has any methods/tips please let me know!!
I had semi permanent brows done... Unfortunately incorrect. I had to have tattoo laser on them. The most painful thing ever but after 5 sessions they were faded enough to have redone. Each session only lasted about 30 seconds so was bearable!

I had semi permanent brows done... Unfortunately incorrect. I had to have tattoo laser on them. The most painful thing ever but after 5 sessions they were faded enough to have redone. Each session only lasted about 30 seconds so was bearable!
Thanks for your reply! Did the laser leave a scar? I did start looking into that but then heard there is a chance of scarring

Thanks for your reply! Did the laser leave a scar? I did start looking into that but then heard there is a chance of scarring
No scars they just had to do it on the lowest setting so it didn't scab. Best thing I ever did.

Sorry to hear this, the same happened to me with eyeliner going gray even though I wanted black so she contracted manufacturers and they advice to add yellow/ orange to the black and it definitely in proved hopefully you get this sorted xxx

Mine have faded loads thanks to regular use of an acid toner - try something like Bravura Calendula Toner or Pixi Glow Tonic or Nip&Fab Glycolic pads - it'll take a few months though!

Mine have faded loads thanks to regular use of an acid toner - try something like Bravura Calendula Toner or Pixi Glow Tonic or Nip&Fab Glycolic pads - it'll take a few months though!
Thanks so much will definitely try this!

Latest posts

Back