Ways to make your salon stand out on the street?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley865

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Hope you're all well :)

I just want some advice to help make your salon stand out where there is a lot of competition! I find most of my clients are by word of mouth or from google. I don't get much passing trade but busier around school time so would like to do something to really catch everyones eye!

Do balloons work?

I have an a board.

My flashing open sign isn't working so not sure if its worth replacing!! :|

I have had signs done for the window stating its a hair salon - people never know if its beauty etc. sometimes. I personally think it looks more modern than any other salon around here (I am a bit biased though!!)

But after 2 years when new people come in they say is this new? I have never seen it before! But they say the same to other businesses here that have been here nearly 10 years. How do I make it stand out more??

Thanks hope someone has some good advice
xxx

Have you considering advertising flags? Not cheap but tend to work and catch attention.

It's difficult. At our old premises we had the same with 'O are you new?' 'No, we have been here for over a year now'.

Hayley, can you give us the postcode to your salon so we do a virtual "street walk" on Google street view? Maybe that would help us giving you some ideas?

Failing that, can you pop outside and take a photo of the outside along with your neighbours?

I think the repetition of a name helps. A lot of hairdressers don't do leaflet drops, but I think it's a great way to get your name talked about. People see it, then wonder where you are, and link the name with the salon that they hadn't noticed before. We do beauty and used to be in a golf club. We did local leaflet drops loads of times. We still had people not knowing we were there because we had nothing to back it up. We have now moved and people have got our leaflet and see our sign in the road and it clicks!!! Hope that helps x

Yes I might look at advertising flags, has it worked for you??

Classix - on google its not been updated for years, still the shops what were here 4 years ago - crazy isn't it! My profile picture is my salon. The others look similar from the outside black/grey/white etc but mine is more sort of French chic décor inside and modern feature wall! They don't have a boards outside.

Leaflets are something I have in loads of other businesses that are local but nobody ever says that's how they found me - it usually recommendations or online :sad::sad: did you deliver all leaflets yourself? How many did you do?

Thanks so much guys x

I've had my leaflets delivered by a local company. It's about £40 per thousand, and I drop about 1800 at a time. they're good quality leaflets, and people tend to keep them. I then find that they're at each others houses and see the leaflet, which turns into a discussion, which (hopefully) turns into a booking!!!

In my opinion flags do work yes.

On the leaflet side of things don't just leave them in the other businesses. This won't work/will only bring in a small portion of clients. You need to arrange a drop house to house to all local people or get a company to do it for you. Try and find a recommended company that won't just bin your leaflets either.

I will be keeping a eye on this discussion as i am taking a salon over in 3 months time :D

Google 'seasonal window displays' & be inspired! I don't even have a salon but when I do, I can't wait for the windows wooohoo!!

I recently changed the colour of the shop front....I'm now getting "I never noticed you before" instead of "are you new" ...I've been there over 10 years!

So far we've been open 2 weeks and we're fully booked back to back with a huge percentage being walk ins with quite a few driving past and stopping the car to make an appointment... Due mainly to our decor. It's modern/quirky and a little bit different.

So far we've been open 2 weeks and we're fully booked back to back with a huge percentage being walk ins with quite a few driving past and stopping the car to make an appointment... Due mainly to our decor. It's modern/quirky and a little bit different.

Wow lucky you!! That's great. What's different about the decor? I wouldn't need to change anything about my decor - I stripped it back to the bare brick and it is a modern french chic interior. Still doesnt stop people asking me if its new after 2 years though!

Thanks all for the help. Will get on the leaflet case!

I'm busy right to end of August but I still want to be busier than I am - I'd open 7 days if I could!

Pink thistle- what colour did u go??

Latest posts

Back