Weak hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanm

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm desperate for advice, I bleach my daughters hair using wella blondor with 20vol full head scalp. I never overlap I use the best shampoo and conditioners but her hair is very fine and just seems to be getting weaker and weaker it's as if it is to soft and is just breaking. I have just noticed it has broken off all around her hair line. I'm now thinking I'm putting to much moisture into her hair so if anyone could advise me I would be so grateful.

It's not too much moisture, sometimes you just need to stop bleaching for a bit, olaplex is a fantastic tool for you to utalise in this scenario, I myself have overdone the bleaching & so has my niece, fine hair does tend to break off around the hairline because it's so very thin there, do a few olaplex standalone treatments, use a good moisture conditioner & just 1 protein conditioner (don't overdo that mind it makes hair brittle if used too much) then use a good quality product like Moroccan oil & goldwell 6 effects serum, it's done a fab job on my nieces hair, we've both decided now to go browner for a little while too & have a wee break from the bleach :) gotta be done sometimes

It's not too much moisture, sometimes you just need to stop bleaching for a bit, olaplex is a fantastic tool for you to utalise in this scenario, I myself have overdone the bleaching & so has my niece, fine hair does tend to break off around the hairline because it's so very thin there, do a few olaplex standalone treatments, use a good moisture conditioner & just 1 protein conditioner (don't overdo that mind it makes hair brittle if used too much) then use a good quality product like Moroccan oil & goldwell 6 effects serum, it's done a fab job on my nieces hair, we've both decided now to go browner for a little while too & have a wee break from the bleach :) gotta be done sometimes
Thank you so much for that, I have just had a look on amazon at the olaplex would you advise I purchase from there.

No definatley not, there's a story doing the rounds today highlighting the fake olaplex! Only buy it from the authorised distributors, aston & fincher or star qualities sell it, there are other distributors but I'm not 100% @AbMcDonald can help you out with the other distributors, if you can't get your hands on any soon pay for her to go to a salon that does have it just to have the standalone treatments :)

No definatley not, there's a story doing the rounds today highlighting the fake olaplex! Only buy it from the authorised distributors, aston & fincher or star qualities sell it, there are other distributors but I'm not 100% @AbMcDonald can help you out with the other distributors, if you can't get your hands on any soon pay for her to go to a salon that does have it just to have the standalone treatments :)

I've ordered Moroccan oil like you advised and thanks for the rest :)

Thank you so much for that, I have just had a look on amazon at the olaplex would you advise I purchase from there.
No we do not distribute on Amazon and product cannot be guaranteed. Please email me at [email protected] for more help :)

Choose a shampoo/conditioner minus/with the least nasty chemicals such as sulphites which are the chemicals that makes shampoos froth up. Go as natural ingredient based as possible. Good Luck :)

I am sure your mom must have repeated the ‘coconut oil is good for hair’ mantra numerous times! Coconut oil is one of nature’s best ingredients for your lovely tresses. To treat your weak hair, take around two tablespoons of warm coconut oil. Damp your hair a little and massage the warm oil gently onto your scalp for some time. Now cover your hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes and shampoo thereafter. This will heal your damaged hair cuticles, leaving them softer, silkier, and stronger. Infographics about oils

I am sure your mom must have repeated the ‘coconut oil is good for hair’ mantra numerous times! Coconut oil is one of nature’s best ingredients for your lovely tresses. To treat your weak hair, take around two tablespoons of warm coconut oil. Damp your hair a little and massage the warm oil gently onto your scalp for some time. Now cover your hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes and shampoo thereafter. This will heal your damaged hair cuticles, leaving them softer, silkier, and stronger. Infographics about oils

Coconut oil is a natural protein and can eat every last bit of the hairs moisture leaving it brittle and damaged.

Do not use more than one a month and use in conjunction with hydrating/moisturising treatments.

The best bet is to stop bleaching for a while to let the hair rejuvenate itself. Tea tree oil extract is very good for promoting healthy hair and scalp, we know quite a few people that swear by it.

If you have any questions about removing the damaged areas without removing the length of your daughters hair feel free to ask us.

Latest posts

Back