Website builder - First timer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrogers

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Ive literally just finished making my very first website.

I have been sayingI would make one for about 5 years now... I was just wondering if one or two of you would mind having a little nosey through for me as if they were a client.

Any feedback is welcome good or bad...

The website address is:-

Home - Fingersntoes

Thank you in advance

Jody

Eye treatments...
The part where it states that a patch test would be required should be below even the airbrush make up, it may look differently on the standard web page but it looks a little out of place on the mobile version.

Other than that I think it looks fab! Xx

Hi Jody!

Don't know a lot about websites but have had a mooch about yours and its lovely- very easy to navigate and clear to read.

Well done and good luck for future business that's comes from it. Xx

Quick question to you now - I've also built my website using moonfruit, I currently use the "free" one and plan on buying the domain name. Does this mean I need a web host? Or would I pay for the monthly thing? I've spent ages working on my web page and don't want it to be for nothing!! Hope you can help!! X

Quick question to you now - I've also built my website using moonfruit, I currently use the "free" one and plan on buying the domain name. Does this mean I need a web host? Or would I pay for the monthly thing? I've spent ages working on my web page and don't want it to be for nothing!! Hope you can help!! X

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your help and opinions!! They are all so gratefully appreciated! I will have a look at the eye treatments section so thanks for pointing that out for you.

In response to the moonfruit question no, you can remain on the free site setting :) all you need to do is purchase the domain! I unfortunately didn't research this enough, I put bought my domain from 123reg.com which was easy and simple but what I didn't realise was that you then have to pay a £11.99 transfer fee to use it on moonfruit so my advise would be purchase it directly through moonfruit :) hope that helps! X

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your help and opinions!! They are all so gratefully appreciated! I will have a look at the eye treatments section so thanks for pointing that out for you.

In response to the moonfruit question no, you can remain on the free site setting :) all you need to do is purchase the domain! I unfortunately didn't research this enough, I put bought my domain from 123reg.com which was easy and simple but what I didn't realise was that you then have to pay a £11.99 transfer fee to use it on moonfruit so my advise would be purchase it directly through moonfruit :) hope that helps! X

That's weird, I've never had to pay a transfer fee, I just changed the dns servers to point to moonfruit.

Oh man!! Why wouldn't it let me do that then :-(

Oh man!! Why wouldn't it let me do that then :-(

Dunno, could be a new thing because I did mine 12 months ago, I don't understand why you'd have to transfer the domain though. I'll have to have a squizz.

Noooo the chances are its me being dull haha!

Only one tiny criticism... On your about me section you say 'I have worked in a variety of establishments including salons, nail bars and opened and run my own business for the past 7 years'.

Maybe revisit this sentence, grammatically it doesn't sound right. To have a comma between salons & nails bars you'd need a third item to list & then separately say after you 'have been running' your own business so as to not muddle the tenses.

Sorry, I'm a complete grammar Nazi.... I can't help it!!

Sent from my GT-I9100

God no I totally agree... Thank you! Xx

I think your site looks fab Jody, if only I were nearer I'd be taking you up on some of your courses! The only comment I would add is that I think your colour photo on your profile here is nicer than the sepia one you have used and would blend into your website better, but that's just a personal preference ;)

Love the site though, very informative, friendly and easy to navigate - well done you! x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back