website opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexster

Reaction score
hi guys... i would love your opinions on my new website please...

The Ballroom Salon

it still does need tweaking slightly.. i think i have found most of the spelling mistakes and the first pic on the home page needs replacing with a better one..

i have tried to do my price list like a beauty salons and describe my treatments in more detail so the client knows exactly what the are getting..but im not sure if its a bit too much, like hard to read etc.

thanks in advance guys hope you find the time to have a sneaky peek...

xxx

I think it looks fab!!

Very jealous at how amazing your salon looks!

Kim xx

aww.. thx kim =] x

It looks wicked! You should be very proud :)

Especially like the layout of the price list. Much more interesting to read than your standard list!

Fran x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

The link won't work :sad:

Two thumbs up from me. :D

It works now, great website well done!!

Wow your salon is gorgeous, very opulent. Looks like a boudoir. Website is really nice too. Simple and clear x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Hiya,

Your salon is beautiful and your website looks fantastic too! First impressions are very important and I think you have definately got a head start on your competitors with the website appearance.

Just a few notes that I personally look to improve upon (hubby @ CrunchWebDesign helped too!)

If you could change to Qype logo on the Home Page to a similar Logo but with a transparent background, it may look a little better.

It also may help with Search Engine Optimisation if you could include keywords in your text including your location (Eg Hair Salon, Preston). Think about the keywords potential customers will be typing into Google and Yahoo etc and try to include these in your text. (but make sure it reads well for the customer)

The Page Titles on ojr website could also be more optimised for Searfch Engines to include Keyowrds and Location E.G instead of Home page reading "The Ballroom Salon", why not change to "The Ballroom Hair Salon | Bamber Bridge | Preston"

The Pages on your website are also missing H1 and H2 Tags which are important in defining your pages to Search Engines and help them prioritise text etc. Your Web Design Co should be able to help you with this.

Linking to Youtube, Qype etc is excellent and really helps to build trust not only with customers but with Google. (Love how you linked to Facebook Page & PDF Price list on Qype....think ill pinch that tip off you!). I did notice that your Yell link takes you to search results on Yell of which some are competitors in your area, this could potentially lead your potential customers elsewhere. It may be better to link to directories with individual profiles as you have done with Qype (others include Free Index, Yelp & you can even link back to your Google Places Page which will help Google tie up your website to your Places Page!)

Lastly if you really want to go the extra mile with SEO, your images could do with having ALT Text. Search Engines cannot tell whats on a photos so to help with this we have ALT Text, this basically describes the photo and helps Google et al index the photo more accurately

If you need clarity on anything, just IM me and ill be happy to help x

I love your website and the name of your salon - very clever.

I actually enjoyed reading about the hair treatments, well done.

Jacqui xx

aww thx everyone for your input =] its greatly appreciated... i will go away smiling and happy =]

thx tiger.. im not sure i know what your talkin about but hopefully my web designer does.. lol... at least he will think i know what im talkin about, next time i email him..

xxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back