Website query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalbirdbrain

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any idea's on how to get my salon's website easier to find? I google my salon and it doesn't bring it up :-(

Search engine optimisation and getting a good ranking on Google can be a minefield; getting to the top of Google is certainly not something most people would be able to achieve overnight.

But a few tips I would suggest personally are:

(1) Make sure you get as many relevant links in to your site as possible, e.g. from free index sites such as FreeIndex - The free UK business directory and Hot Frog - Your UK Business Directory - also consider swapping "reciprocal links" with other salons - but make sure they are not in direct competition with you - so choose salons outside of your local area for example, or who do sufficiently different treatments so that neither of you would be treading on each other's toes. Similarly, add a link to your website to your signature on salon geek - every post you make on geek will then have a link to your site.

Having lots of links in to your site is important because Google uses something called PageRank to count the number of links in to your site from other sites - more links in means that Google will treat your site as more important and it will appear higher up the search rankings. In fact it's probably the most important thing you can do to get a good Google ranking.

(2) Be careful with the way you word the text on your site. e.g. if you are based in a particular town that is close by to others, mention the names of the other towns that are close by as well - so that people will find your site on a search for salons in those other towns as well as yours. Be sure to mention the brand names of products that you use, especially if they are "prestige" brands such as CND or Perron Rigot, for example.

(3) Don't be taken in by spam emails or cold callers claiming to work for Google or who promise to get you to the top of Google. As there are some companies who are out there to make a quick buck at people's expense; you may find that you are paying a large amount of money for next to no improvement (if any) to your website's placement on Google. Most likely the company has a call centre full of sales staff, and only a couple of techie people doing the actual work. If you get a cold call, tell them that you go by the "Hollywood Principle" - "Don't call us, we'll call you".

Thanks for that! Will give it a go :smack:

Latest posts

Back