Wedding make up kit essentials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaisyMouse

Reaction score
I have 6 wedding make ups booked in this year so far, the most I have done in one year!

I use Jane Iredale make up but im looking to add some other essentials to my kit. What does everyone recommend?

Like great lash curlers?
Primer?

Etc :D

Ooh congrats on the bookings! :)

I have tweezerman eyelash curlers that I love, but honestly I hardly ever use them. Most brides have strip or a few individual lashes.

I use airbase primer with my airbrush, but with regular foundation I have the Illamasqua hydra veil and a No 7 one for oily skin because I haven't got around to picking up the Illamasqua one.

Don't forget essentials like:

- A CHAIR! I can't recommend buying a makeup chair enough to anyone who does mobile bridal makeup. Mine was £50 off ebay and has saved my back from having to bend down to apply makeup on brides in unsuitable hotel chairs. SO SO SO worth the money.

- Cotton pads
- eye makeup remover / cleanser / moisturiser
- Setting spray (I like skindinavia)
- Disposable mascara wands
- Spatula & palette
- Cotton Buds
- Makeup wipes
- Hand sanitiser gel
- Brush sanitiser
- Lash glue
- Tweezers
- Stash of lashes
- Nail scissors
- tissues
- Face chart / notes from the trial
- Business cards for the other bridal party

zip loc bags for dirty brushes / sponges are good. and a plastic bag or 2 for rubbish.

Second hydra veil! That stuff is amazing! x

Thanks Salj!

Make up is not my favourite thing to do, but this helps. I got a chair last year and it has been great, so much better than having them sit on a bed etc.

Thanks for all the tips x

What kind of chair do you use? I was considering getting one but I think with all the hassle of getting it in and out of the car and up and down a flight of stairs or 2 with all my kit would be a nightmare wouldn't it?

I would get a light weight fold up bar stool as they are cheaper than makeup chairs

Do you include lashes in your price for makeup? And what kind do you use/where do you get them from? X

I don't include the price of lashes in the cost of my makeup as not everyone wants them.

What I do is at the trial and on the wedding day I have a small counter display stand that bought on eBay and I have all my lipsticks, lipgloss and false lashes displayed along with a price list in an A5 photo frame.

People then have the choice to buy or not.

I include lashes and have a supply of different ones. I sometimes get them from Capital when I'm in there or just superdrug if I see ones I like on offer. I love the Kiss lashes in vamp. They're lovely and very natural.

I just applied for the Eldora discount though so I need to order some so I can see if I like them.

I don't include the price of lashes in the cost of my makeup as not everyone wants them.

What I do is at the trial and on the wedding day I have a small counter display stand that bought on eBay and I have all my lipsticks, lipgloss and false lashes displayed along with a price list in an A5 photo frame.

People then have the choice to buy or not.

Do you have a salon or are you mobile? Just thinking..one more thing to carry around!

I've ordered a lightweight foldup chair Salj like you suggested so hopefully that will make my life easier :)

How much do you normally spend and charge on a set of lashes? There seems to be so many people that include them in their price but I think I would have to put my prices up first!

My retail rack is very light wait. I work mobile and have room.

The main reason I don't include then is that is don't want to put my prices up.

Latest posts

Back