Wedding nails using Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beanzybaby

Reaction score
Hi, just wondered if anyone had any colour suggestions I could use for doing a brides nails using shellac, she definately doesn't want French. Something more along the pinky, creamy, glisteny lines. I've got grapefruit sparkle which I thought would be nice possibly over strawberry smoothie, or cocoa? But then I didn't know about possible ordering some the additives not got any yet, but thought maybe one of the shimmers might give a nice effect? Xx

I'm in love with moonlight & roses at the moment. It looks great on top of every color I've tried so far. Does she like sparkle? If she does I would think about silver VIP or mother of pearl. I like to do a solid color and then a sweep of glitter along one side of the nail. So, I would choose a soft shade like cake pop or lilac longing, layered with moonlight, then a skinny sweep of silver chrome up the side with some glitter. Hth.

Beau with mother of pearl is my favourite x

A ride of mine recently had Iced Coral with Moonlight & Roses. It produces a beautiful soft shimmery oyster colour xx

Thanks for the replies geeks! Apart from cake pop and lilac longing these are all colours I don't have lol! I've gone from working in a salon to recently going mobile, so don't have a bigger selection as I would like. And mother of pearl and silver vip are 2 of the few that I have never used! I will order more as I need a bigger range and want to find a beautiful colour for her!
i was never a massive fan of iced coral but with moonlight and roses over it sounds interesting, and I do love m&r to, would be one id use alot of. But I also fancy trying mother of pearl, or silver or gold vip? I have negligee which I also love but I don't think will give me the depth of colour I need or enough to tone down another colour.
And yes she does like sparkle, sparkle is definatly an option :)

Last edited:
Grapefruit over romantique or moonlight and roses or negligee looks lovely, jus did a load for a pop wheel and loved the looks.

Also silver VIP or gold VIP look lovely over some of the neutrals

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 2,319
Cocoa with grapefruit sparkle looks lovely xx

Ivory glitter over studio white is gorgeous, especially if she's wearing an ivory gown.

I was a bridesmaid a few weeks ago, and as it had to be something neutral and i hate french I did:

1x layer cake pop
1x layer strawberry smoothie
1x layer mother of pearl

It was soooo pretty! I got loads of compliments on it!

Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366388391.256370.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366388391.256370.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 18,766
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366388427.949685.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366388427.949685.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,906
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366388468.216386.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366388468.216386.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 4,641
Romantique with mother of pearl is lovely

This is what I wore on myself to friends wedding but she saw it and said she would have loved it. It was a super speedy application so not perfect but it was ever so sparkly but subtle at the same time :)

You could also just do Negligee and just do the ends in the fairy dust almost looking like the nails have been dipped in...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...62388205.95810.409293649124373&type=3&theater

I love the sparkle on these! What have you used? (the link on your fb page)

I love the sparkle on these! What have you used? (the link on your fb page)

Shellac Negligee with Nailitz Fairy Dust. The picture hasnt even captured it very well, it's a beauty.

2 coats of Studio white with 1 coat grapefruit sparkle over top. I did this for a friend recently who got married and it was gorgeous!

Romantique on its' own is danty

thanks for all the suggestions and some really lovely pics, really helpful, i think i will do a few of them on nail pops and let the bride decide :) x

I was hoping Maz101 would share these with you, they're beautiful in the flesh.

Grapefruit over romantique or moonlight and roses or negligee looks lovely, jus did a load for a pop wheel and loved the looks.

Also silver VIP or gold VIP look lovely over some of the neutrals

Latest posts

Back