Wedge Bolster for Bed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhona_

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking for some advice on how to "sit up" my clients on my very horizontal bed!

My bed is in two sections so doesn't have a head section that I can raise/lower. It hasn't been a problem at all because I rarely do treatments that needs it to be raised, until yesterday when I had my Mum over for an eyelash tint. I just gave her two pillows to raise her a little, but I'm wondering if there's any better solutions? e.g. A wedge bolster? Will it make much of a difference or would it just be a waste of money?

I found this one: WEDGE BOLSTER

Just not sure if it's worth having! Anyone used one before?

The wedge bolster looks just fine. I'm in the same boat with my bed and the wedge bolster was exactly what I was looking for but unfortunately I couldn't source anything like that at the time, especially on the cheap so I improvised! I have up to 3 cushions (decorative style) if clients need, some go none, 1 or 2 but for the full up right I went and purchased a cheap Thai cushion, the triangular sort which is perfect width and i had it upholstered to match the bed. Surprisingly it doesn't slip off and if any need anything further I give them a cushion. I also rarely use it but it's there if required. It's pretty much the same thing as your link to the wedge but sits a little taller. Hth x

Thanks for your reply! I thought this was going to slip away under the radar.

I was actually thinking the one I linked was quite small, so a taller Thai cushion might be better. Or I might just stick to pillows! Decisions decisions. I'll need to have another Google.

Hi,

I am so glad you have asked this question, I am in the same position, I had a look at those Thai cushions, which look perfect, but also are quite expensive.... has anyone else found any (cheaper) alternatives?

Would love to hear others feeback too!

Yes Thai cushions can be expensive but I found one on the cheap at a low cost store thankfully. Try some other sites. There are now so much more options around, try searching under physio equipment as they use similar. I'm sure I've seen taller ones online now but can't think where, try eBay maybe? Good luck. In truth I don't use mine often but it is handy for the clients who need/request sitting up. X

Thanks, that's definitely worth thinking about!

Latest posts

Back